The Official Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

You guys want a exhaust vid??? ..... K :D Be right back....

ha014-1.jpg

:p

Its just fiberglass work

A local shop here did the work he does some amazing work! and then the light and plate was done once by me and roz and then by a mechanic here in town. I am glad you like it. PM me if you want anymore info :D

I had to bring my wife & 2 girls in to see that movie! We were all laughing - THANKS FOR THAT funny clip.

Man, when you gas it it really barks. My question is, is it tolerable while driving?

Sorry guys, the closest I can come to a V-10 is a couple of old Plymouths in the garage with 340's.

-Eric

Also, to address the rasp subject - I can't really give you a definitive answer & I don't know what causes the rasp sound. The late model Camaro/Firebird guys use the 3" Powerstick in the mid-pipe & it eliminates the rasp & drone in their exhausts. Pulling the cats off will make the exhaust louder. Cats will not "tune" the exhaust at all, nor will straight pipes. Powersticks will do some really serious tuning, & the longer ones (26" bodied) will not necessarily be much quieter, but the extra crimp areas & longer perf core are what do the trick. I'm still not sure just how the Viper V-10 responds to 2.5" vs. 3" exhaust though. One of my long time acquaintances was (I'm not sure if he's still employed by Chrysler) the Viper engineering garages' floor leader - the facility on Featherstone. He gave me the grand tour of the place one day, including looking through the stock room at all the different exhausts for the Viper cars. All Walker OE stuff, everything was straight-through except the export version mufflers. No real tuning at all, just packed sound absorption mufflers & pipes. When I was past the prototype stages of my mufflers, I dropped off a pair with my buddy & encouraged him to get a pair on a Viper, but it never happened. He was so busy all the time, they never got a chance to do an install. I KNEW they would be pretty dramatically different on the V-10.

-Eric

Those Powersticks are really cool! .... they are a lot like the "crinkle tubes" on my old '67 Vette. Mine are the resonators from the side exhaust, only exiting out the back (like original). :) It looks, on the outside, to be much the same design tho. :dontknow: :confused: :) :burnout:

After doing my homework Im gonna hold out and save up for the full BB system, I don't have the green for it right now but will in the next year so Im holdin out and sticking with the stocker until cash is plentiful..I plan on having the truck for some time so Im not gonna go half ass on the exhaust. The BB sounds awesome and the quality seems top notch, Im a firm believer of getting what you pay for:D

venom 1 said:
After doing my homework Im gonna hold out and save up for the full BB system, I don't have the green for it right now but will in the next year so Im holdin out and sticking with the stocker until cash is plentiful..I plan on having the truck for some time so Im not gonna go half ass on the exhaust. The BB sounds awesome and the quality seems top notch, Im a firm believer of getting what you pay for:D

Be careful with B&B if you go Force inducted. We had a member who blew the B&B Muffler section and B&B wouldn't replace it.

We need to sticky this thread. Heaps of clips, heaps of reference, good shit that needs to be seen! ;)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back