The Official Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

Okay, big topic for me on exhausts here this month.. After rolling for sometime with them PowerSticks I have to admit I am not too impressed. I’m not seeing too many others raving about ‘em either. #1900 is suffering from a ricey sound and the popping, although I love it, has gotten out of control and louder. Current set up is Bassani headers into stock four cats into 3” PowerSticks into tailpipes. I’ve been talking with OSO about some options to tone her down a notch. The question came up about pipe size. I know the PowerSticks are 3” but what about the rest of the system? Bassani headers are how many inches in diameter? How about the OEM pipes? I ask because I think I’m gonna slap in an X-pipe for blending and probably a set of new Glasspacks I have in the garage all with the current components. I need to know what size X-pipe to get. I really don’t want a system with a flow path that’s big then small then big then small.. I’d rather stay with 3” all the way through if I can. OR should I just get a Bassani catback and be done with it? Your inputs are really appreciated..

I wanna be able to pour A1 on her again, not Teriaki sauce..

Last edited:
#1900 had some changes completed to her exhaust. I will post a vid soon. Mods still are true duals: Bassani headers into stock cats into Magnaflow X-pipe into PowerStick mufflers into Magnaflow mufflerback to tails. The only part left that's still 2 1/2" is the cats area. Now she doesn't sound like crap anymore after the X-pipe install. Also, she seems to have picked up some more umph since the added back pressure is now available.

Bump TTT for an amazingly awesome thread..... I would add what mine sounds like, but I'm sure all of you have experienced the UPS truck at one point or another...

Planned on doing a video w/ the B&B setup but I only had it for two weeks..
:(

Venom Power said:
That's right folks, whatever you're running under that thing, and you have a sound clip or video, post it up. I'll start.

Bassani headers, all four cats, PowerStick mufflers, Magnaflow tips and JMB CAI.. (the boxer briefs were extra props).

that sounds dam good.

Midnight Runner said:
that sounds dam good.

:eek:DUDE!! OMG, I forgot to post up another vid (like I said I was gonna do) with the added X-Pipe; I'm glad you brought this thread back TTT. I'm in Louisiana now though, but I'll get on it when I get back to Houston in a couple weeks. I think she sounds better now than the initial vid on this thread... A bit deeper.. :dontknow: At least to me..

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back