The Official "Help SANTEEN install his Paxton" thread

SANTEEN

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know I , behind my wife's back :rock: , purchased a used Paxton from Gregg (gblue). I do have someone, with Paxton knowledge, who will be helping me.:) However, I'd like to get as much done that I can, as not to waste his time. Today, I put the colder pugs in, removed the extra battery box and removed the plactic air deflector. I would like to install the black triangular box with the water pump. But, I can't tell exactly where it goes. According to the instructions, it goes by the passenger fender by the radiator support. I'm in that area now, so it woud be nice to install that now. Does anyone have a better picture of the water pump installed? To keep the confusion down to a minimum, I think it'll be easier to keep coming back to this thread for additional help. Thanks as always.

GADodgetech said:
PLEASE remove that oil pan when you tap it, would hate you to love the motor over something simple ;) :marchmellow:

You dont have to remove the oil pan... I tapped mine in the truck.... You just have to flush it well...

As for the pump and bottle.... It mounts on the frame on the passenger side near the radiator support.... Its harder to tell than to show....

Tork_MoNsTeR said:
Wasnt I supposed to help with this install? LOL
You were Ryan, but I'm finding some parts missing and I'm trying to figure it out as I go along. I would feel bad having you drive al the way down here, just to find out we need some crucial parts. For instance, today I figured out most of the oil feed kit is missing. Just keep checking this thread and help long distance. Would you by any chance have a pic of the where the water pump mounts?

Chub will help ya out bud, an if you dont remove that pan and tap it I will personally call Joy and make dam sure that paxton does not get installed:mad:

but call chub, he probably has a pick for ya , at least he is closest to ya bud:)

Well I laid everything out today and it looks like the main components are there. But just in the blower mounting bracket, there are about 10 bolts missing and a couple of spacers. All the parts for the oil feed and oil return, are missing.And I'm sure I'll probably find a few more missing as the install continues. Now before everyone starts jumping on Gregg for stating that the kit included "every nut and bolt". I truely believe he thought it included every nut and bolt. But he didn't install the kit, so he really had no way of knowing.:dontknow: I figured I might as well post some pics showing the progress, in case someone else installs a used paxton. Maybe it'l help.

Here are pics of the kit laid out. Go ahead and chime in if you see something missing. The kit did include the fuel pumps, FMU and split second controller. I'm not using them, so I didn't include them in the pics.
IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

And here's my progress today. Battery box removed, air deflector removed, water box mounting bracket installed and colder spark plugs installed.
IMG_3843.jpg

Here's mine, with nothing missing........ I don't know if this will help or not???

220052.jpg

Quick

Last edited:
If you tap the pan in place, go really slow, cover the bit and tap with grease to catch the filings and flush the pan with some coastal oil.

Stinker said:
Chub will help ya out bud, an if you dont remove that pan and tap it I will personally call Joy and make dam sure that paxton does not get installed:mad:

but call chub, he probably has a pick for ya , at least he is closest to ya bud:)
Oh, I got BIG SEXY right where I want him.;) :D :D I figure I'll lure him over here with some food, malibu, pineapple and promise him Joy will walk around showing clevage.:rock:

QuickSilver said:
Here's mine, with nothing missing........ I don't know if this will help or not???

220052.jpg

Quick
You wouldn'y by any chance have a pice showing the mounting of the water pump? Would you?

SANTEEN said:
Well I laid everything out today and it looks like the main components are there. But just in the blower mounting bracket, there are about 10 bolts missing and a couple of spacers. All the parts for the oil feed and oil return, are missing.And I'm sure I'll probably find a few more missing as the install continues. Now before everyone starts jumping on Gregg for stating that the kit included "every nut and bolt". I truely believe he thought it included every nut and bolt. But he didn't install the kit, so he really had no way of knowing.:dontknow: I figured I might as well post some pics showing the progress, in case someone else installs a used paxton. Maybe it'l help.

Here are pics of the kit laid out. Go ahead and chime in if you see something missing. The kit did include the fuel pumps, FMU and split second controller. I'm not using them, so I didn't include them in the pics.
IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

And here's my progress today. Battery box removed, air deflector removed, water box mounting bracket installed and colder spark plugs installed.
IMG_3843.jpg
this thread may be as long as blackvipers:p

bigike said:
If you tap the pan in place, go really slow, cover the bit and tap with grease to catch the filings and flush the pan with some coastal oil.

THANK YOU.... I did mine in place and it did fine.. I did it just as he said and then flushed it out well...:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back