The Philosophy Thread - an Experimental Therapy:

Django

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Consistent with a notion that I've had for some time, it may (or may NOT) be prudent to initiate a dialogue on spiritual things....

The purpose is to share our experiences and opinions on all manner of associated topics, from simple daily occurances which have brought us to moments of simple clarity (or perhaps even) things (that we believe) have been profound epiphanies.... (revelations that bring great change in us).

I request that those who wish to participate (would) do so without the use of language that casts any aspersions or in any way (denigrates) the practices of others. It is acceptable to ask why, but not to disparage other members or their beliefs....

Having an argument over what others believe or proselytizing (attempting to convert others to your religion) is strictly forbidden. I do NOT care if the Bible does command Christians to "go ye 2 by 2 into the hedges and the byways and make believers of all men" (paraphrased)... I won't put up with it and the thread will be shut down at my request. (sorry)

Moreover, I suggest that you would, "let your light so shine that men will see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven..."

THIS IS NOT A RELIGION THREAD....................

May God, or whatever you seek in this Life, be a blessing to you.....

D

I will initiate the discussion by accepting civil responses regarding the basic rules of the thread and discussing the reasons why.....

It would be a shame if those who'd like to participate simply cannot abide by the restrictions......

I know that many of you surely can.

D

Last edited:
Thanks Tim for the thread,I have always thought there was a higher power in our lives.

Brat said:
Thanks Tim for the thread,I have always thought there was a higher power in our lives.

Me too, Earl.......

There are many great and quality folks who've put their faith and trust in God. It surely has been a great source of guidance, comfort and inspiration to me...

Of course it has also been a life full of tremendous challenges and doubts from time to time as well...... But certainly well worth it....

Thanks for contributing.....;)

D

Well Tim,I dont believe that man came from a fish that crawled up on land,I believe that we were put here by a God and were made in his image.

Brat said:
btw how are you doing my brother,and mentor.

Spiritually, I'm doing pretty good..... Mostly because I have a generous handful of quality friends like you who's generosity of spirit gives me a feeling of love and security....

Businesswise I am no longer buried in a hole with a boatload of impossible payments. I have a few nice opportunities on the horizon which I do hope will develop fully.... I sold my desert house finally... That removes a tremendous financial burden (payments wise) so I'm not being bled to death each month....

Thanks for asking, bro... Your friendship is a real blessing to me.... Many others here too.

tadp

I am very glad to hear that you are doing better Tim,you and your family are always in mine and Julies prayers.And thank you for being the great human being that you are,I am honored to be able to call you one of my best friends.

Brat said:
I am very glad to hear that you are doing better Tim,you and your family are always in mine and Julies prayers.And thank you for being the great human being that you are,I am honored to be able to call you one of my best friends.

Wow, thanks....:eek:

Both of you and your prayers are greatly appreciated...........:eek:

D

I try to start each day off doing some kind of good deed....regardless of how small. I find that that simple action can and has dictated the course of the rest of my day. It helps put a positive feel to the day.

This may not be exactly what Tim was thinking. But for me, it seems like something that falls within the change of ones life. I do it everyday.

Django said:
Wow, thanks....:eek:

Both of you and your prayers are greatly appreciated...........:eek:

D
Thanks Tim coming from you that really means a lot.:rock: :rock: :rock:

ViperJeff said:
I try to start each day off doing some kind of good deed....regardless of how small. I find that that simple action can and has dictated the course of the rest of my day. It helps put a positive feel to the day.

This may not be exactly what Tim was thinking. But for me, it seems like something that falls within the change of ones life. I do it everyday.
Jeff I believe thats just what Tim had in mind.:rock: :rock:

ViperJeff said:

Jeff, this is exactly what I'm looking for.... No simple act of kindness can be accomplished that is separate from an enlightened individual.....

You rule........:congrats:

D

Django said:
Jeff, this is exactly what I'm looking for.... No simple act of kindness can be accomplished that is separate from an enlightened individual.....

You rule........:congrats:

D
I agree Tim Jeff is one of a kind,hes number one in my book.:rock: :rock:

Django said:
Trust me... I'm a real fkup.....:eek: :eek:

D

And thats what makes you such a good friend, your just never afraid to stick your neck out....

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back