THE RATRAM

I'm not totally opposed to this idea, but it isn't a real ratrod. To do the ratrod thing right all he needed to do was take the truck out, hammer it mercilessly, never repair any body damage (or better yet only repair it at home, usin stuff that he alreay had), etc. IMO, the whole ratrod movement is based on the idea of "run what you brung", not throw some money into a non-paint job.

Alright let me say this i love new ideas, i love rat rods, i love our trucks. I HATE THIS. No offense to the op just my feeling. I even have been waiting and looking thinking well it might turn into something i like but nope. To each his own and as long as you digg it then all is well

Are you planning on putting another seat in that truck or are you some kind of NASCAR driver? This project IMHO doesn't have the WOW factor! I think you should lower the truck atleast or make a change to those Ugly Ass wagon wheels. Atleast paint the lugnuts black or something? I'm going to follow this build but and hope it starts to look more exciting! I don't like the grill, I don't like the hood, I hate the wagon wheels, and I hate the stance! How about rusty old 22" Viper truck rims?
I restore classic cars as a hobby so I know I have a good eye for this kind of shit!

Hi,

Thanks for the input !

The truck has to be street legal first of all, then some more mods will follow.
It will be drastically lowered.
The bed will be replaced by some other stuff....

Wait and see, it will be different.....

Here comes some updates !
Knowing that this concept is different, i dont mind getting
positive and negative feedback.

It will be weighed very soon and target is to stay min 660 pounds below a standard SRT and be street legal in Germany which is much more difficult
than in the US.

Tires and rims will be changed back to 20" steel and then lowered.

Knowing that this concept is different, i dont mind getting
positive and negative feedback.

Ok, A flat bed....... really?
WTF you got in those 3 Military trays Ars?

Looks like 3 stolen Russian Nukes to me! :dontknow:

Actually one hides the filler cap and the other can be used to
balance the truck by loading or unloading :)

The boxes used to be milan missile boxes, which is a french anti tank missile system.

This truck is armed :rock:

Actually one hides the filler cap and the other can be used to
balance the truck by loading or unloading :)

The boxes used to be milan missile boxes, which is a french anti tank missile system.

This truck is armed :rock:

Scud Missile's were my 2nd guess.......
You ever see the movie xXx with Vin Diesel? Your not one of those anarchy 99 guys are you Ars?

No not an anarchy guy, as you might remember....its not my truck,
I just post in the name of my german colleagues.

I like aggressive trucks with low stance and lots of power and
NO RUST, but taste is different :D

What happened to the rusty steelies that were supposed to go on it?

Will be back on, just had to change them for the certificate that the truck is street legal. The alloy wheels were mentioned in the papers but not the steel wheels. (Crazy laws we have)

Once he has the official stamp it will be drastically lowered and steelies will be back on.

You might see it it the top view picture. Even the dashboard and everything that gives the interior the feeling of sitting in a comfy truck has been demounted and sold..... No way back to its original style....

I love this idea. If I had an extra truck laying around and the cash I might consider this also! The only thing I would change is the black plastic stuff at the bottom of the windshield. A4ound the windshield wipers. It doesnt match the rest of the truck!

Other than that this is bad ass! No one would expect a viper motor under the hood!:burnout:

Gentlemen,

Here are some final pictures of the RATRAM.

Bed has been changed again, steel-wheels are back on and it has been lowered.

Let me have your opinions....

and not to forget....this is how it looked 4 month ago....:rock:

Gentlemen,

Here are some final pictures of the RATRAM.

Bed has been changed again, steel-wheels are back on and it has been lowered.

Let me have your opinions....

and not to forget....this is how it looked 4 month ago....:rock:

Looks good! Did you consider doing the stock bed to match the doors, just a thought. Def will surprise some punk kids when they get their arse handed to them by what they perceive is a farm truck.

gotta say i see plenty of trucks just like that on the road around here lol and they did not do it on purpose and you can buy them for about 10$..

i gotta say thats the worst rat rod ive ever seen... rot rod does not mean junk rod,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back