Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ya think? More info coming.

Attachments

• 34charger.jpg
    34charger.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 268
got that right

Thats really cool but it looks like someone took the new challanger and hung all the charger body parts on it dont get me wrong it is sweet but leave the charger alone DC is redeming them selvs from the 4 door charger with the bad ass as hell challenger:rock:

bee0912 said:
Thats really cool but it looks like someone took the new challanger and hung all the charger body parts on it dont get me wrong it is sweet but leave the charger alone DC is redeming them selvs from the 4 door charger with the bad ass as hell challenger:rock:

wrong

If Dodge made them look that good i'd buy one....(did i say that outloud?)

I saw a magazine (cannot remember which) the other day that had pictures similiar to these but looked more like a modern version of the 1970 Charger...they claimed that these were to be the new charger in 2009..:dontknow:

Problem is the Charger buyer has grown up and as such his/her needs changed. Two door cars look great, but they have limited functionality. Dodge needs a larger four door car in their line up. The 2 door Challenger will fit nicely in the line up. If you have ever driven the 4 door Charger SRT8, I can't see why you are complaining. It is functional and hauls butt. Dodge needs the Challenger to complete their lineup, outside that the Charger is far from a mistake. Have you seen how many are on the road. They obviously did something right. Just my 2 cents...

I can assure you that most people love my wife's Bee...at the car wash, they ask who's car it is.

Last edited:
The current Charger SRT/8 looks awesome IMO, the rental car version not as much............... that concept pic looks good too. Cardude is correct, Dodge needed a 4 door as they sell more units.........I remember reading an interview where they talked about that specifically.

IMO.....The Challenger is being made cause Ford sold so many Mustangs.......two door cars........so there is a big demand. Whatever the reason, we the consumer win.

patrick

I think Dodge should have offered a 2 door as well. I mean the car as a 2 door originally. I agree that they need a 4 door. Maybe offer a "family style" 4 door with the "milage" package and a lot of bells and whistles and offer the 2 door SRT-8 stripped down model with many options available, but really performance/weight oriented. Stiff suspension, lightweight wheels with real performance tires. Stage 3 motor upgrade available factory installed with various rearend combos and 6 speed only. Kinda like a serious Dodge version of an "SVT" like car other than the Viper. A real "street fighter". Not having to pay for anything you don't want on the car or as much as you'd like on it.

*dream over*

speednut said:
I would love to have a charger like that even w/o the turbo !
I agree...i think it's a kick arse design and it has that real "gnarley" look. :rock:

That design is sweet. Actually looks like a charger with the curve in the fenders and the changes to the hood/grill. It just shows how DC could have taken the design just a little further and captured the old cars essence.

Fepony said:
What ya think? More info coming.
the way a charger should have been brought back -- in it's two door glory !!!

i don't agree that a 4 door srt-8 shouldn't have been built - but it shouldn't be called "charger" !!!!
do you think ford will ever do a 4 door mustang or gm a 4 door camaro ?? no.......... dc should have never did a 4 door named charger...... it doesn't even look like a charger, but this does :

Attachments

• Charger-RT.jpg
    Charger-RT.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back