This is odd about the percetion we have on the aerodynamics of our trucks ????

My wing really bows at speed. I have noticed it moving a lot at 70mph if the wind is blowing at all. It looks like bologna back there flopping.

My wing does not move at all. Tomorrow I may push it up to 38 to see if it is stable at that speed too.

Prof said:
My wing does not move at all. Tomorrow I may push it up to 38 to see if it is stable at that speed too.

wow lol no wonder you got a CTS-V:D if you don't take the truck over 40mph i'd rather it sit in the garage an look pretty lol:D :marchmellow:

no problem with the 06 wing :D

walbert said:

I'd be willing to bet that the ones with bed cover produce more flutter and prolly less downforce being the cover would slightly change the aeros of the truck at the tailgate. I know mythbusters ruled the tailgate down thing a myth, but at 100 plus speeds I bet that changes.:D

I have lost my mind these days for sure but didnt see a wing on Mickeys truck. Hell as most days just ignore me

Great thread!!:rock:
I got rid of my wing a long time ago when I looked in my mirror and saw that thing fluttering and thought to my self(holy sh$t)it's gonna fly off any second!
I run Gaylord Speedstur tonnau(very heavy),But I love it,the high speed stablity is far superior to the o.e.m spoiler.I feel That I can justify my statement with the vid posted by litemup with the audio you can see and hear how calm I was and how stable the truck was..The track was extremely sandy and track temp was 140,So there was some skatng at top end,but nothing that would of worried me!(b.t.w.)My Stock spoiler is safe and sound,so I can put it back on one day:dontknow:

Prof said:
I concur this really is a good thread.

It definitely is,
I hope that my track vids will help answer some questions that 10 owners might have about their trucks potential.My first run(fastest) was(believe it or not)stock body trim'No folded mirrors,antenna in place and a half tank of fuel.
What I'm saying is that the stock aerodynamics of our trucks are pretty damn good!!!:congrats:

I read a long time ago that there is a difference between a tonneau wing and a non tonneau wing. A non tonneau wing actually makes lift when placed on a tonneau. The Dodge engineers warned us that if we added a tonneau and wanted a wing we should not place the stock non tonneau wing on and either go without or get a factory tonneau wing.

walbert said:

Nothing like having that extra lip and that extra support on the wing. Plus our head lights help with aerodynamics. Poor Poor 04/05 owners!

WizzySRT10 said:
Nothing like having that extra lip and that extra support on the wing. Plus our head lights help with aerodynamics. Poor Poor 04/05 owners!
06 headlights look like Marty Feldman. 04 & 05s rule!:rock:

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back