Thoughts on the SRT-4 Caliber

There is one other component that makes a mortgage loan a little more palatable, that is the concept that inflation will assure you that your 30 or 15 year standard fixed rate loan will be paid back with inflated dollars that are worth less than when your loan was initiated.

That is not very true in a vehicle loan of a much shorter period.

TREKER said:
I agree with paying cash / no interest. Who wouldn't???

Some can do it, most cant.

The objective is to create a strategy that will allow you to do so in the future...very little good happens without planning and goal setting.

Prof said:
The objective is to create a strategy that will allow you to do so in the future...very little good happens without planning and goal setting.

I like your plan... Marry rich...:D

BriteCrawler said:
My professional experience with those motors has been they're relatively bulletproof.

I ran a 50 trim T3/T4 on mine at 22 lbs. and made 430 to the front tires on pump with never cracking the motor. I ran the car 10,000 miles on a good tune before I sold it to pick up my SRT-10 and that guy went to a DBB 60-1 and still has no issues.

Same as mentioned, feel free to PM me about SRT-4s as well. I worked with Lake Effect Racing, who campaigned several One Lap of America class-winning cars.

and i worked on 2 of them alone, no major add ons other than intakes, and one i removed th eintake to install the greddy e-manage, when i removed the intake i noticed a substance similar to never seize on the intake, which led to removal of the valve cover, which led to a entire engine due to the cams eating the head and throwing shaving into the entire engine.... foundthat problem 2x and dodge did not warrenty...... something to think about.

my new truck i was going to pay cash, I am getting 4.5% on my money and the loan rate is 5%...makes sense to borrow for me.

z-man said:
I drove one for the weekend. At 6'0" and 290lbs can you say circus bear?

I was putting my head where the sunroof is so when I did hit a bump I didn't rattle my teeth.

The caliber is cool but not big man friendly.
Hmmmm??

Looking at the car, I thought it would have tonZ of headroom??

BurntRubber said:
Man my shoulder have been bad for years. one seperated, one dislocated...i think i tore my rotator cuff in my right shoulder about 2 months ago. needles to say, 2 years ago this august i benched 445#s weighing 238. now i am 190 and can maybe do 275 for 2 or 3 reps
445#??? No wonder your shoulders are F'd!:eek:

I don't do that max-out lifting anymore - I want my joints to last. I'll stick with higher reps.:)

Hamrhead said:
445#??? No wonder your shoulders are F'd!:eek:
I don't do that max-out lifting anymore - I want my joints to last. I'll stick with higher reps.:)

thats why i stopped, hurt my shoulder...after 10 months of not working out i still did 275x5 which was good because i was down to 200 pounds
i dont even do weights any more just body weight stuff - burpees, big bodies, pushups, pullups, polymetrics stuff.

big bodies are the best for upper body strength, and they are tough as heck!!!

I do 45# plate burners...really good for a pump at the end of a workout

Last edited:
'Nasty Girls"

^That's insane!!:eek: Girls are in some incredible shape though!:rock:

:eek:fftopic:

I benched 315lbs max last week. Have not tried again since but feel weaker since then. Went back to high reps lower weight. Did like a dog crap workout.

Back on topic....

Going to dealer today again to talk more numbers. Been thinking about going into another pickup. I'm losing my mind now.... :eek:

Last edited:
TREKER said:
:eek:fftopic:

I benched 315lbs max last week. Have not tried again since but feel weaker since then. Went back to high reps lower weight. Did like a dog crap workout.

Back on topic....

Going to dealer today again to talk more numbers. Been thinking about going into another pickup. I'm losing my mind now.... :eek:

no one caresa about your bench, or caliber...buy used its better

damn I'm jealous of all you heavy lifters! I'm benching around 295 on flat, and I feel like I've not gained anything in 2 years. wtf!

AWDisuzu said:
damn I'm jealous of all you heavy lifters! I'm benching around 295 on flat, and I feel like I've not gained anything in 2 years. wtf!

Anything more your body weight is excellent IMO.

AWDisuzu said:
google "EAS bench program" it will get you above 335 in 5 weeks!

BurntRubber said:
google "EAS bench program" it will get you above 335 in 5 weeks!

Cool Carlo... Just printed that out... Getting stuck where I am for a bit. I only hit chest twice a week though. I always thought more than that would not help much. Need time to heal.

Ohh.... Calibers are cool... :marchmellow: ;) :eek: :D :rock:

calibers are gay...

you could also try this program but it is really just for benching and doesnt pay much attention to the rest of the body.

MOnday:
Bench 85% of max 5 sets 3 reps, 5 minutes rest in between sets
close grip bench 5x3 reps heavy
heavy seated or bent rows 3x8
hammer curls 3x8 heavy

Wednesday
Squats 5x5
misc leg crap

Friday
same as monday but go up 5-10 pounds on the bench

you need to eat like a mofo to do this, but it took my max from 335 to 385 in about 4 weeks
Feet on the floor
good arch in your back
keep your elbows in close (this takes alot of pressure of your shoulders)
work your rear delts doing reverse per-dec machine

its simple but yur bench will go up...you will feel like you are not even working out but everything needs to be heavy.

I weighed 228 when I benched the 385
I could also bench 225 24 times
I could do a full squat of 225 for 23, thats ass all the way down.

I am no derrick lbstone, but it is all in fun for me!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back