Throttle Body Swap

:D
I love my ROE and think it makes more physics sense to have a big bore single blade versus a dual blade with the divider being a restriction as well as the smaller bores. Could be all theoretical though:dontknow::D
I believe most of the fastest trucks run BBK though ;)

i agree with what your saying having it full open seems to me would do more. the faster the trucks with bbk also matters on the driver you can have a fast truck/car but you need to know how to drive it :D

I love my ROE and think it makes more physics sense to have a big bore single blade versus a dual blade with the divider being a restriction as well as the smaller bores. Could be all theoretical though:dontknow::D
I believe most of the fastest trucks run BBK though ;)

I run the JTS Venom throttle body, and made real gains over the BBK. Search "JTS Venom throttle body results" , on this forum.

Had a roe, throttle responce was better. bought the venom TB. even better.

I'm surprised people buy any TB other than Tony's. I thought it was settled a long time ago that his outperforms the Roe and BBK.

I'm surprised people buy any TB other than Tony's. I thought it was settled a long time ago that his outperforms the Roe and BBK.

I know that I am glad with mine.

seen a big difference in the 2.

Guess not everyone jumps on a bandwagon or believes hype!! I simply like the performance and lOoks of my Roe. Everyone isn't gonna get Tony's, only a select few. I saw trainmans dyno on his swap, but again results will vary truck to truck. My Roe is also a VTCOA edition so it's even more rare:D haha

Guess not everyone jumps on a bandwagon or believes hype!! I simply like the performance and lOoks of my Roe. Everyone isn't gonna get Tony's, only a select few. I saw trainmans dyno on his swap, but again results will vary truck to truck. My Roe is also a VTCOA edition so it's even more rare:D haha

Couldnt agree more bro!! E (srt2slow) sold me his BBK when he got tonys tb and a couple weeks later he said he missed the BBK and felt it out performed tonys so results def vary from truck to truck / dyno to dyno IMHO

I can agree to that.

I know with my ROE I got a super deal off ebay, thats why I bought it. and when I sold it, I gave the super deal.

I did notice that you could hear the air sucking in more, and better throttle response. I mean nothing major. But a slight notice.

Tony's just seemed to be a little more crisp response, and the sucking noise seemed to be louder. with the new hood on, you can reallyhear the air sucking in now.

Now was it worth selling the roe and spend money on the new TB :dontknow: To me it was, just due to the fact if I was hitting it from a roll, it seemed to have some lag, like a turbo spooling up. Now it does not do that anymore. But again every truck is different. But that was the only thing I didn't like or understand bout my roe tb.

Couldnt agree more bro!! E (srt2slow) sold me his BBK when he got tonys tb and a couple weeks later he said he missed the BBK and felt it out performed tonys so results def vary from truck to truck / dyno to dyno IMHO

The results are what they are. Your friend "felt" the BBK outperformed the JTS Venom. I posted real results, both throttle bodies on the same truck, the same dyno, the same day, the same air, the same tune and the JTS Venom made a noticeable gain (actually the air was slightly warmer [read higher DA] than when the BBK was dynoed). My engine had no internal changes, just boltons......so results should be consistant for NA stock motors.

yeah your right....I think the BBK has better throttle response.... wana trade back????

Whats the avg. HP/TQ gain one could expect from a TB upgrade on our trucks?

Whats the avg. HP/TQ gain one could expect from a TB upgrade on our trucks?

Do a search in this "performance mods" section. I posted gains for the BBK over the stock throttle body and the JTS Venom over the BBK. Search "BBK throttle body results" and JTS Venom throttle body results". In the BBK results, see post #27 for the results chart comparing gains for both hp and torque throughout the rpm range. In the JTS Venom results, see post #1.

Last edited:
Hey "RAMDUDE" sharp hood man. I read where you had issues with it and that there are simliar models. I was curious though, where did you get that at? Is there a website I could look go to and look at them?

-KG

Did you check the TPS voltage before and after the swap? That would effect the throttle responce also...

Hey "RAMDUDE" sharp hood man. I read where you had issues with it and that there are simliar models. I was curious though, where did you get that at? Is there a website I could look go to and look at them?

-KG

Bought it from tony.

JTSVP.com it's on his website. take a look :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back