Timeslips,HP,QC's to RC's

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to the times slip section:dontknow: Why is it that a QC with less HP, More weight, Has the fasted 1/4 mile run ??

Wouldn't that show in the 60 ft.....--they don't seem to far of from each other to make that kind of difference ...

Traction is everything. Slot # 1 was also on slicks, while Dom was on Drag Radials. Dom did have higher top speed though. As soon as he gets a little more track time, his times will be dropping. A little supension tuning will also help drop those times.

How does that compare to Justins run---he has almost !/2 the HP as the 1 thru 4 slots.....

Well I assume because after the stage 2 no stick driver can shift smooth and crisp like that Auto tranny that nails it perfectly redline in every gear

TNVIPER said:
One word..."NITRIOUS".....his posted HP does not take account for the bottle....
yes it does 640 hp is sprayin he is bone stock he is not makin 640 na i promise the 640 is on the bottle at the rear wheel

A big part of it is practice, Ive got probably 50 passes in my truck and so did Brady (#1 spot), Doms truck has 3 and Blakewilder didnt have many at all, etc. Stinker shifts like an old lady or he would be much closer to #1 as well.

I got great track conditions and all the stars aligned for my best pass, Ive only had one 11.3 pass, the next closest was a 11.46 or 48 I think, then quite a few 11.5's. N20 and good tuning can really move these heavy trucks, and those M+H Drag radials are awesome if the track prep is decent. My N20 HP #'s are in my sig, my NA #'s were 485/525. Almost 800 WTQ when you drop the clutch at 3500 = good et's without the "big" power.
Justin

you're right about not needing big power to get into low 11s. Im trying to stay away from no2 in my truck. In my opinion thats cheating.

nitrous is cheatin huh well any power adder would be cheatin goin fast is goin fast period no matter how you get there ie nitrous turbo......hell 10 turbos it dont matter how you get there

It depends where your interests are, I guess. People are divided in their thoughts about power adders. And you are right 505- Fast is fast no matter how you get there. But 1,250+ horsepower from 500 cubic inches WITHOUT any power adders, does it for me! (Pro Stock)
It isn't rocket science, but it must be close!! :)

Rotten

Last edited:
SrtBrad said:
Close he did a 350 shot on that world record run.

lol.. that and he still had traction problems..

if you look at the video closely you can see the marks from the slicks chattering (if that is the right term?)

505'sFastestViper. said:
yes it does 640 hp is sprayin he is bone stock he is not makin 640 na i promise the 640 is on the bottle at the rear wheel

I lost track... the number in question I thought was 862...
'let's be clear' <that's my Obama impersonation>.. I have most of they dynos and timeslips... and I can guarantee that the tank does not put down ~862RWHP without the bottle(so yeah Dom you're right)..... from every thing I can tell it's ~700 give or take... so what is that 862 number? 125 shot? 300 shot? :p <shrug> does it really matter? The truck was tuned to do a 1/4 mile time not to show high numbers on a dyno... supposedly the engine can handle a 500-700 shot... a few problems with that... 1: the tranny would probably go kablooey (again) and 2: on a track it wouldn't actually move (atleast not from what I've seen)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back