Timing on the 10?

John02SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kinda of total timing NA are you guys running in your trucks? I'm gonna tune on mine some tomorrow and just wanted to compare my timing tables to others that have tuned. Thanks!

John

Last edited:
John02SS said:
What kinda of total timing NA are you guys running in your trucks? I'm gonna tune on mine some tomorrow and just wanted to compare my timing tables to others that have tuned. Thanks!

John

32 degrees

Holy hell! lol Stock is around 18-22 depending on rpm. No wonder they pick up so much torque with a tune, damn thing as 18 degrees in it at torque peak! :D I wonder how much the better chamber on the strikers effects the amount of timing you can run.

John02SS said:
Holy hell! lol Stock is around 18-22 depending on rpm. No wonder they pick up so much torque with a tune, damn thing as 18 degrees in it at torque peak! :D I wonder how much the better chamber on the strikers effects the amount of timing you can run.

We actually had to pull a bit out of the middle of the curve from the base Stage 2 total with the Strikers, but again I used a cam that builds pressure early. Yup, the QC picks up huge with a good flash. I dropped nearly a full second with that and a cat-back exhaust. It was the next 1.5 seconds that got expensive. :)

The trannys don't really appreciate the torque management being turned off either. :mad:

Off to the dyno to see about the power drop off happening in the top end. Later...

Last edited:
Stink..............I'll do it and blame your lowering kit for the destruction! :D

Ronnie, how does the timing start out and then finish at 32? How does it look in the lower rpm and midrange. I really appreciate the info buddy!

I have heard a maximum of 35degrees timing with race gas and methanol injection is the most our engines will handle. To run 35 degrees timing would be a ticking time bomb. I would estimate 28-30 degrees should be in the safe range with 11.0 to 1 max AFR under W.O.T. If it's a QC then make sure your shift points are no higher than 5500 RPM's. The Stage2 ECM's are overly agressive in the mid range timing and have to lean of a fuel air mixture I.M.O.

I'm gonna get the af 12.8-13.1, which is were it needs to be for a NA motor, and start walkng some timing in it. Pour it on till it pings and back up some. I own my own dyno so I can take my time on it, as long as a paying tune don't show up! LOL

John02SS said:
Stink..............I'll do it and blame your lowering kit for the destruction! :D

Ronnie, how does the timing start out and then finish at 32? How does it look in the lower rpm and midrange. I really appreciate the info buddy!

Just back from some pulls on a Mustang (dyno that is :)). We loaded the crap out of it to try and duplicate that mystery fall-off I was getting around the 1000 foot mark and make sure the A/F was a.o.k.. It is still a plenty safe tune (12.0-13) and should be fine at a sea-level track. Fat(ish) through the peak and reasonable (12.2) at 6100 where it doesn't spend much time anyways. Those Pirellies sure are loud on the rollers...sounds like a jet.
I really don't care about a razor tune as it is a daily driver and I would like to keep the reciprocating parts inside, out of the sun, for as long as possible. :D

Not to say anything against Stink but 76 might be a little high... even at our altitude ;) :D Maybe he runs nitromethane is his...??

I pm'd ya.....

Where a 'bout are ya anyhoo?

Last edited:
I'm in Pensacola, FL. I have a shop here where we specialize in GM/Ford parts, installs, and custom dyno tuning. Thanks for the PM, it helped greatly. Give me an idea how the timing curve should look.

rottenronnie said:
We actually had to pull a bit out of the middle of the curve from the base Stage 2 total with the Strikers, but again I used a cam that builds pressure early. Yup, the QC picks up huge with a good flash. I dropped nearly a full second with that and a cat-back exhaust. It was the next 1.5 seconds that got expensive. :)
The trannys don't really appreciate the torque management being turned off either. :mad:
Off to the dyno to see about the power drop off happening in the top end. Later...

Ronnie how much overlap are you running at .050" ?

They told us not to talk about all the strippers out in the open, so we make it look technical and talk about beer and strippers in pm! :D

ViperPowa said:
Ronnie was the 12.5@108 with just the sct and catback? Stock tires?

No, a 13.8 with just the sct and catback (last year) on street tires, at our altitude. Around 425 wheel...
My wife's 12.5 run is posted here on video; those drag radials grip really well on a good track...
Next year we'll try a sea-level run to see what it can do.

Last edited:
John02SS said:
They told us not to talk about all the strippers out in the open, so we make it look technical and talk about beer and strippers in pm! :D

Getting caught hanging with Strippers enabled the "Creative Explanation" gene to be activated in modern man. Drinking beer during said explanation provides the critical time-to-think grace period, when things aren't going so well in the conversation. :D

Last edited:
perk_1405 said:
so secretive

If you like, you can try calling Jeff Morys (Father Striker) and ask him if he is willing to go into agonizing detail about his products; after spending thousands of dollars and thousands of hours in R&D, creating and then perfecting this stuff, like his billet roller... I am betting not.... ;)
I am doing the same on his behalf, that's all...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back