Tinted Windows - Post Them Up!

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tinted Window Photos

Hi lads,

Talking about getting an eyebrow in another thread and I called up my window tint guy, best around, like glass. He said to perhaps leave the "eyebrow" as it's a little boy racer, he said he'll do anything but just wanted to throw in his 2c worth as he said he tries to sway people from getting it done, especially on something like an American or European car that deserves more class, I tended to agree with him. Nothing against guys with them though, I said on a black truck it is hardly noticeable but I still like the idea of tinting the sides darker and making the whole interior dark, better.

He said what he can do, depending on how strict my WOF (warrant of fitness) guy is, is to do the side windows as dark as I like, from 35% to 5%, he said the choice is mine. It got me thinking and I will go this way, it makes the whole truck look dark as inside. Anyhow, now I need to figure out HOW dark I'm going. The rear will be 5%. Please post up some photos of your SRT-10 Truck with tinted windows along with what % they are (rear and side) so me and others (in future) have a reference thread.

Cheers,
Carl

Last edited:
go to PHOTOBUCKET look up my japerez58 and you can see some side photos of the driver doors and they are dark and it is nice in the day and at night

Thanks mate, can't find them. When I search for "japerez58" it asks me to log in to see your profile/photos.
I joined and then entered my password but it stills says incorrect?

Below is a truck that is for sale here. I found it via searching.
Seller said: "5% rear and side windows, you can see them, they can't see you".

065percentTints.jpg

:rock:

i do not care should not be anything on there crazy if so sorry so try that

Last edited:
LOL! Cheers bud, how casual is that.....:laugh: don't worry, I'll find some photos then put them on mine and share them here. Thanks mate, far too kind. May want to change it afterwards, lots of photos on there and although me and the others won't do anything, who knows what "guests" maybe lurking bud. :( Give me 5 minutes before you change though.......just looking now for tint photos. When I post them, what % should I post, for reference.

nah i just editied it, but I will just in case. I honestly would stay with 5% but no less than 20%

Not quite sure what you're saying in that last post :laugh: no offence....Are you saying you have 5% but you are not 100% sure but know it's not less than 20% or are you saying you like 5% and wouldn't go for anything else especially not more than 20% lol.......

Back to topic, here are the photos, thanks Big Worm.
At this stage, will edited if incorrect: 5% rear, 5% sides.

FROM THE LEFT FRONT............
BigWormsTints1.jpg

THE REAR WINDOW
BigWormsTints2.jpg

INSIDE LOOKING OUT: SIDE, REAR AND FRONT WITH EYEBROW)
BigWormsTints3.jpg

DRIVERS WINDOW
BigWormsTints4.jpg

Some more reference photos, please help if you have any guys.
Always good to have for future references. :)

5% rear and sides

Stealth1.jpg

Stealth2.jpg

Stealth3.jpg

I think factory back ones on the QC is 15%. And the darkest I can go legally is 28% on the front sides. Don't have any pics right now. Will get some put up tomorrow. I used to have vehicles with 5% and it is just too dark for me at night these days. Damn getting old sucks:( . But it does look killer from the outside:rock: . One friend of mine put 50% on the front windshield and it looked good. Visibility at night was not an issue.

Yes that is what I would stick with, Carl I was talking about 5 % for the eyebrow and for you not to go less than 20% or you might as well not have one on there at all.

Carlwalski said:
Some more reference photos, please help if you have any guys.
Always good to have for future references. :)

5% rear and sides

Stealth1.jpg

Stealth2.jpg

Stealth3.jpg

were did you get the headlight covers i want ???lol

I guess I do have a pic of 28% front and 15% back(stock). Matches pretty close. This pic shows it matches really well. But the there is a slight difference from front to back. You can tell more when you are inside.
100_0592.jpg

This one has 35% up front and stock in back. Not worth doing in my opinion. I just haven't gotten it changed yet. A real pain in the but to get the old tint off.
100_0557.jpg

21 CTSRT said:
048.jpg

my sides are 5% plus 15%

042.jpg

my brow is 5% and then rest of windshield is 35%

046.jpg

my back is Double 5%
Nice truck mate, real nice! :) When you say "5% + 15%" what do you mean? Like 5% on the inside, like normal but another 15% on the outside? Same as: "My back is double 5%" what do you mean. Looks sharp, love the rear headlight covers too. are they GTS covers? You know they have headlight covers now too?

Ironhead - Not my truck lol, was just posting that (and others) to help in the reference section, the more, the better. You can get them from GTS (GT Styling) www.teamxenon.com Others make them as well but since GTS went to the trouble of making headlight covers for our 2006 models when others only made 04-05, I would buy from them for doing that and recommend others do the same. :D

Big Worm said:
Yes that is what I would stick with, Carl I was talking about 5 % for the eyebrow and for you not to go less than 20% or you might as well not have one on there at all.
I see, that kind of makes sense now. I'm not going to get the eyebrow for the front (as per my first post said). :) I'm just going to tint the side windows darker, just not sure how dark yet. But I see now, you're saying, 5% for the eyebrow and don't go lighter than 20%+ (less than 20% = darker) for the eyebrow otherwise it won't look right. lol Sounds more confusing that it is.....lol

I have 35% on the fronts(the legal limit). You would think in Hawaii you could
put tint on your windows that actually did something!!! I have been thinking about finding a shop that will replace it with 5% and an eyebrow.

I would go the 5% route but know that at night its kinda dark!!

patrick

Attachments

• june06 004.jpg
    june06 004.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
More 35%

Attachments

• CIMG0847.jpg
    CIMG0847.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0045.jpg