Tire Update Firestone Destination ST

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just figured I would post a little review of these tires. Just had them recently installed after the Conti's I had wore out. I loved those tires but these seem pretty good. I thought the Conti's had a better bite but these seem to have a good deal of grip. They seem a little sluggish on the initial turn in but are stable and grab. I was messing around with the beast in a deserted plot today and was basically running a little serpentine in 1st gear. These trucks push a lot so you kind have to steer them with the throttle or the nose just wants to push when you turn hard.

Even off the line and going WOT and then making a left turn they bit hard and the ass end hooked up. Granted I am running my stock tune right and there is a difference but still, I was pretty impressed with how these performed.

Here are a couple of pics of what they look like on the truck. They are a W rated tire and I got the set last year for around $600.

IMG_20130601_192020_111.jpg

IMG_20130601_192056_282.jpg

Tire shopping

Thanks for the review. I am currently leaning towards this tire.

Just put A set of these tires on my truck. Right from the start I noticed them flat spot when the truck sits overnight. It will clear up after about a mile. Second thing I noticed after 2000 miles was a sound like a bad wheel bearing. Looking at the tires I could see they were feather edging already. The poor girls been on the hook six times in the last six months so maybe that knocked the tow out. I treated her to a bump steer kit, front end alignment and swapping the front tires side to side. What a difference! (except for the flat spots) Not only does it handle better but it rides better to. I plan on having the tire shop check everything when I do the first tire rotation. They do seem to hook up well.

Just put A set of these tires on my truck. Right from the start I noticed them flat spot when the truck sits overnight. It will clear up after about a mile. Second thing I noticed after 2000 miles was a sound like a bad wheel bearing. Looking at the tires I could see they were feather edging already. The poor girls been on the hook six times in the last six months so maybe that knocked the tow out. I treated her to a bump steer kit, front end alignment and swapping the front tires side to side. What a difference! (except for the flat spots) Not only does it handle better but it rides better to. I plan on having the tire shop check everything when I do the first tire rotation. They do seem to hook up well.

I've had nothing but very bad luck with firestones. When I put the Conti DW's on was the best set of tires I've ever had. I'll never go back. Put a set on the challenger too. Way, way better than the craptastic goodyears that came on it.

I'm in need of a new set, my Conti's only have 6k miles on them but they're over 6 years old and are very hard, no grip anymore. I am thinking of the Firestone ST or the Toyo Proxes ST II. Anyone have the Toyo's?

I'm in need of a new set, my Conti's only have 6k miles on them but they're over 6 years old and are very hard, no grip anymore. I am thinking of the Firestone ST or the Toyo Proxes ST II. Anyone have the Toyo's?

I ran Toyos several years ago for a short time. They were ok, I prefer the Bridgestones I have now.

The Bridgestone Dueler H/L?

Yes, the previous owner replaced them right before he traded it. They are one of the best street tires I've used on the truck for drag launches, handles quite well and they are wearing evenly through the 9k miles I've driven them. I do drive the truck hard when I drive it and they have more than half life remaining still. I was happy with them but haven't seen many others that have run them, not sure if there is a reason for that.

Yes, the previous owner replaced them right before he traded it. They are one of the best street tires I've used on the truck for drag launches, handles quite well and they are wearing evenly through the 9k miles I've driven them. I do drive the truck hard when I drive it and they have more than half life remaining still. I was happy with them but haven't seen many others that have run them, not sure if there is a reason for that.

I hadn't even considered that tire. I was also looking at the Yokohama Parada SpecX. Think I'll be putting those on Jeep soon, a lot of the WK2 SRT guys are running them and like them

I'm gonna go with the yokohama's in the next month or so. Good reviews on them. Plus anything is better than these shitty nittos I have now

I hadn't even considered that tire. I was also looking at the Yokohama Parada SpecX. Think I'll be putting those on Jeep soon, a lot of the WK2 SRT guys are running them and like them

I've run six sets of tires on my truck. I just installed my second set of Yokohama's...

I had the Toyo Proxes on my GTO and it was a good tire. Nothing to rave about but it performed reasonably well and wore very well. With that said I am not a huge "tire" guy.

'Moe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back