tires?

I agree with using cheap rubber for smokin em, but my point was for all aroud driving don't be a cheapskate. Use the correct speedrating for these trucks, etc. I am not saying the BFGs were the best tire just because they are expensive, just don't settle for the cheapest tire for perhaps the MOST important thing we want these toys to do, stay on the road!

rlgallert said:
I agree with using cheap rubber for smokin em, but my point was for all aroud driving don't be a cheapskate. Use the correct speedrating for these trucks, etc. I am not saying the BFGs were the best tire just because they are expensive, just don't settle for the cheapest tire for perhaps the MOST important thing we want these toys to do, stay on the road!
I had the BFG-KDWs and they are a great tire, With that being said the Conti's IMO are a great tire with the same speed rating. I also think they perform just as well on the road as the BFG's. :dontknow:

I agree the continetals are cheaper than most tires
for some reason yet they are rated far superior to most tires. They are W rated where most are only H or V so sometimes cheaper can be better and then u get the best of both worlds!

Good point & a valid comparison. When I need some new rubber will definitely check them out. Guess I was just venting cuz it seems that far too many of us are bitchin about cost of our toy & its various parts. Try buyin tires for an 18 wheeler(I know we have several o/o here). Hey Prof,how much that extra set for the Caddy set U back? Lets face it guys, nothing about these trucks is cheap. Getting back to thread topic, will a 325/40/22 on our 22" rim fit on a 2" drop rear w/o rubbin?

Agree, round & able to hold air are much better than square leaky ones! I know they only are flat on the bottom right.

See post # 2. Like chief asks, how and where do you drive your truck. I have the BFG's because I road race my truck and they have the softest rubber and I don't drive in the rain. Buy a tire for how you use the truck.

I pay $160 a tire for the Nittos installed. I hear about the Continentals, but how are they as far as traction compared to the others? Which has the best traction?

phxpoolguy said:
I pay $160 a tire for the Nittos installed. I hear about the Continentals, but how are they as far as traction compared to the others? Which has the best traction?

Ive had Continentals. The traction wasnt that great. I like the Nitto 420s I cant wait to do the front.:rock:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
Im gonna run down to columbia and get you to make me a holster for my goober:D :D :D

Come on down. LOL I can hook you up. You might find the stitching uncomfortable though. :D :D :D

I just ordered my conti's again. $660 shipped. Almost went with the Nitto for $690 shipped but couldn't justify spending more money on a tire that's not even superior to Conti. Nitto was H rated (136 mph I believe) while the conti is 114W rated (168 mph). Plus I've had the Conti before and I know they're good and they never let me down!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back