To use a Viper motor or stroke a HEMI

bang for buck is a stroked hemi motor hands down. It will be more reliable, better on gas and fun as hell!

Parts are cheap if you buy used on a lx forum, we got maybe $2k total in our Charger, 12.4 1/4 mile on 22's. I would consider that a sleeper car.

Yeah what all have you done to it. I was thinking a vortech supercharger and maybe forge the bottom end with stock stroke and over bored to 4.00.

Headers, flowmasters, CAI, Predator tuner and 150 shot.

You and that damn spray man lol. The one thing I'm wondering about is to just build the bottom end with forge stuff and leave the stock bore so I can just get a complete kit (tuner, supercharger, etc..) from vortech or edelbrock or do the "tuner" set up and have one the tuning experts from the LX form tune it with a bigger bore and maybe some worked heads... decisions...decisions...

Spray is the great equalizer brother, that and I'm not loaded with cash, lol.

The Vortech kit is good if you have to get the emissions as their canned tune will get you through! Other than that, any supercharger kit I would recommend a custom tune (I went with Diablotoona / Johan from Diablosport) to fully unleash it! :) I really need axles and slicks to launch my car but I'm happy with it so far on my unopenned stock engine.

If I had an automatic though I would have gone with a positive displacement style instead of a centrifugal, like a Magnuson (also 50 state legal) or Kenne Bell. Good luck!

I got buddies with stroked engines, I can ask about mileage and what would be best route to take.

The Vortech kit is good if you have to get the emissions as their canned tune will get you through! Other than that, any supercharger kit I would recommend a custom tune (I went with Diablotoona / Johan from Diablosport) to fully unleash it! :) I really need axles and slicks to launch my car but I'm happy with it so far on my unopenned stock engine.

If I had an automatic though I would have gone with a positive displacement style instead of a centrifugal, like a Magnuson (also 50 state legal) or Kenne Bell. Good luck!

Yea, weak point on these cars is definitely the axles, a few guys here are using the Ford 9".

I got buddies with stroked engines, I can ask about mileage and what would be best route to take.

That would be great. Biggest thing would be the ability to use this as a DD and get good MPG and keep the reliability that the car already has.

I've seen aftermarket 8.8" ford rear ends with the same aftermarket axles that my challenger would use but no 9" rears. And the $$$ is high for it, though not unreasonable if you're hard core. :) Still hope someone can show how to put a solid 9" under my challenger, haha.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back