Took down an '06 Mustang GT on the highway...

vvv90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...With my RC...

...So there I was cruising in the middle lane at about 70MPH and an '06 Mustang GT cruises up next to me in the left lane. He passes me and then I see him immediately slow down.

Oh boy, he wants to run. I notice the Mustang start goosing the throttle to let me know he wants to run. I've never raced anyone yet.

I kept thinking "Man, that Mustang looks like my friend Dave's"

Sure enough, I finally look at the driver and it's my buddy Dave.

AH HA!!! It's on then!

So I'm about half a car length away from him when I nail it and get only about an 1/8 car jump ahead of him. He has an automatic.

I immediately start pulling on him by about a car length. I then go to shift to fourth and didn't give it enough muscle. It didn't go in.

Well, in the back of my mind I was thinking that I got the jump so it wasn't really fair, so before trying fourth again I look next to me and see him reeling me in with his front bumper just next to my door....He is now gaining ground so it's more than fair at this point.....So I jam it into fourth and nail it.

NO CONTEST!

I pulled another 3 cars on him up to about ~110? is my guess. I never looked at the speedo.

He pinged me on my Nextel to say "Damn, that's one fast f'n truck! ... Now all those people that saw us are laughing that I got beat by a Ram."

True, true. :D

TREKER said:
Nice kill.. Hope you were in a safe area. :rock: :burnout:

It was a safe area. No cars but us, and more than enough time to slow to the speed limit before we came upon any cars.

That's the only way I'll race.

vvv90 said:
It was a safe area. No cars but us, and more than enough time to slow to the speed limit before we came upon any cars.

That's the only way I'll race.

Me too. I wont race in traffic. Just too much congestion here on LI anyway.

If I do, its on a 2 or 3 lane straight highway with no guardrails, just grass on either side. But to be honest, I have never really raced a legitimate contender beside my friends 99 "L" which I beat. Short race but still nice.:rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Good kill. I must admit that I am a little surprised that another kill story is up so fast since the aftermath of the evo kill story. At least it sounds like you were being safe.

Nice Kill!! :rock:

Be Safe - Have Fun!!!

Gaboon said:
Good kill. I must admit that I am a little surprised that another kill story is up so fast since the aftermath of the evo kill story. At least it sounds like you were being safe.

Uh...Evo kill story?

Didn't read it.

I don't follow the kill stories very much since I'm not really into it all that much.

Like I said, it was my buddy so it was a little different. No big egos getting in the way of being safe if you knowhatImean.

(Watch, now that I said that I'm going to get challenged constantly. :D )

It is the thread just below yours on the racing forum page called;Ran a LS2 GTO TODAY!!!!!!!. You should read through it and see how bad he got it for street racing, you are lucky. Anywho good kill. Sorry I cant link the thread to you but I dont know how to quote others yet.

oh my god, you were street racing. the melt down will commence in..................

oh before it starts good kill bro

Nice kill.......I also raced my buddy. We are pretty well mached up but he aint got nothin on the black truck!!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back