TPS voltage range question

seethrough

Reaction score
Does anyone know the voltage range of the Throttle Position Sensor on our trucks. I am looking for idle voltage and WOT voltage. Thanks.

It needs to be .68v or less. If it is higher , then you have to remove the TPS and twist the shaft . like the picture. reinstall TPS and check voltage . twist it the right way . disconnect battery so the ECM can relearn the corrected voltage. Don't twist to far !! or the TPS would be able to read throttle position and you will end up with a stumble. Mine still functioned correctly down to .47 volts
From another thread. :)

As Scott said, typically a 5V reference will never reach the full 5V. 4.5 - 4.7 is typical.

My idle fluctuates 2-300 rpm.

Like, up down up down up down.

Is that caused by this voltage stuff? How do I measure what the voltage is supposed to be?

Is that caused by this voltage stuff? How do I measure what the voltage is supposed to be?

Multimeter bud. Yes it could be TPS going out. You'll get voltage from middle wire on sensor boss.

or you could have a plugged or faulty Idle Air Control solenoid although I don't suspect this would cause a "hunting idle" like you described. I make it a habit to pull the IAC and clean it every once in awhile.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back