Traction/Transfer Bars RC V1Racing

Then buy some slicks and start taking weight off....:chain:

See that requires more work, i have to go to the track change tires, i have to take weight off the truck i want to drive it to the track right into the lane and go. I want to see how far i can go with the beast at stock weight

Sure is a PITA changing slicks. I have a buddy who usually helps. And it lets the engine cool off.

Do you run race gas when you spray dowurk?

See that requires more work, i have to go to the track change tires, i have to take weight off the truck i want to drive it to the track right into the lane and go. I want to see how far i can go with the beast at stock weight

I drive mine to the track and straight into line to race, slicks and all. But I only live 2 miles from the track:D. But seriously I run my truck at full street weight minus the wheels and tires. Taking weight off, especially in the front end makes a huge difference. Also I recommend the JMB battery relocation kit too every little bit helps.

Oh and as for changing tires just bring a cordless 3/8 drill, break your lugnuts loose with a brwaker bar then you can just zip them off with the drill, makes it a little easier. Of course a nice cordless impact would be TITS but I'm a broke ass so I make do with a drill

You only lives two miles from a 1/4mile track? Damn you. I was praying my 6k dumps wouldnt require an hour tow home the other night at the track lol.

I drive mine to the track too.....but I really feel picked on....everyone (except you Jason) is always complaining about the weight of my truck....but I was the first NA in the 11's on here (I think) and have made nearly 50 passes in the 11's (best of 11.63) on a stock internals engine and NO SPRAY, just exhaust, tune , ported intake, and TB. So DoWurk...12.56 is good...but with 5,000 lbs and street tires ....that last .57 is gonna be real tough.....just ask ARRESTmeRED....we've been there and done that....I like what you're doing though....keep up the good work....I will be ordering those traction bars just as soon as Scott says to send the money...I was hoping to have them for this Friday Test and Tune, but no such luck.....oh and my best 60' with Caltracs has been 1.57....so I'm really looking forward to breaking that barrier. My track is about 20 miles away and I drive there on the cheater slicks ( I change them at home so I don't worry about theft, or getting all dirty).

Last edited:
Thanks its a diff goal and I havent seen or heard a lot of people do it. When I do it then ill switch over to slicks and start pulling weight.

Last edited:
I was doing something similar but with weight reduction and staying N/A. I hope to run a mid 12 on the street tires before getting M&Hs, that's if I keep the truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back