• Replaced Parts Due To Failure/Warranty - None
  • Current Issues - None
  • Current Annoyances (i.e. gear whine, slow window motors, etc.) - None
  • Willing to deliver (?) miles away - pick up only
  • Why are you selling - Changing vehicles
  • Willing to trade for - Open to offers
  • Pictures - See below

I'm selling my GTO to move up into something different. It has been a
completely trouble free car since I purchased it at 400 miles.

It is located in Savannah, GA. I have several normal mods done. It has
coated Kooks 1 3/4" LT's with catted midpipes. The headers and midpipes were
both coated by Precision Porting in Flordia. Also installed is a Borla
catback exhaust (single exit). The headers and Borla make a wonderful combo
and sound. The pictures were taken before the exhaust was installed.

Currently the GTO has 18" Beyern 5's in silver with 275/35/18 Falken 451's
in back and 245/40/18 Falken 451's in front. Custom hubrings are installed.

Inside I have an aux input wired directly to the factory radio with factory
style on/off switch that accepts ANY mp3 input. Additionally I have the '06
door lock kit and the Sony Ericson Bluetooth kit installed as well again
with factory Bluetooth buttons. My floormats have the new all aluminum clips
holding them in place well (unbreakable).

Outside I have removed the spoiler but still have it. The front SAP grills
are installed and rear black 2006 tail lights are there as well.

With the Procharger on it I have documented 501rwhp and 445rwtq. Attached is
the dyno sheet showing these numbers. I currently have 42 lb fuel injectors
and we maxed them out on that dyno run so further tuning wasn't possible. I
have a set of 60 lb injectors I was going to install. With those I have no
question I would be between 515-520rwhp.

I get 20mpg city and 25mpg highway with this setup too, not bad at all for a
car making this kind of power. Serious traders can call me on my cell. John
912-713-3857 for additional questions or email
[email protected]

GTO1.jpg

GTO2.jpg

GTO3.jpg

GTO4.jpg

GTO5.jpg

Whistler3450.jpg

banshee2.jpg

holden.jpg

interior1.jpg

2004GTOATI-med.jpg

scan5.jpg

scan6.jpg

I should mention I have the title in hand, clean and no liens. This would make for a quick trade. I am willing to travel some for the trade also if a person is in another state (within reason).

Video link, it's good. Right click, save target as.....

http://www.blackgto.com/video/John5-16-06.wmv

SportCoupe said:
I should mention I have the title in hand, clean and no liens. This would make for a quick trade. I am willing to travel some for the trade also if a person is in another state (within reason).

Video link, it's good. Right click, save target as.....

http://www.blackgto.com/video/John5-16-06.wmv

Bro,

For a split second I thought about it. Supercharged! Then I saw that it has an automatic tranny...and in a second.. love died.:eek:

Besides, Lynette said if I get the rid of the truck, I'm a fuggin idiot.....:(

But, I'm a moron..... I want every new thing I see.......like a damn child....:dontknow:

Good luck with the sale, brother.......and God bless ya....:D

SD

viprtek said:
Why would someone want to trade the best truck on earth for a GTO??? Just my 2 cent..

I know I'm new here but if your not interested in trading please stay out of this thread. As for a reson to trade, who knows. I am just offering. People don't drive the same vehicle all their life.....

SportCoupe said:
I know I'm new here but if your not interested in trading please stay out of this thread. As for a reson to trade, who knows. I am just offering. People don't drive the same vehicle all their life.....
Yes, you seem new here..... cuz if you weren't you would know your request is ridiculous!!! :D

Welcome and get a truck!!! :D

ease up guys, John is a great guy, I was thinking of trading with him, but decided to keep my srt-10, hard to part with such an awesome machine.:rock: I mean come on.... he wants a srt-10, lets help him if we can.... get one..

1Fast400 said:
I can't imagine why someone would want to trade a truck that makes 15% less HP at the rear wheels, weighs 1000lbs more and goes through 2.5x the amount of gas.

His car is a sleeper, that has its advantages. Lets face it, people expect a LOT more out of our trucks because they're vipers. A lot of people don't understand weight and it's effects.

I think he is offering a very interesting trade offer. To call him an idiot is just plain ignorant on everyone's part. I expected a lot more from this group.

well said and agreed

This could be a tough crowd. Not all of you though of course. Thanks for the great comments on my car. I've got more pictures if anyone is really interested. Just let me know what you need to see.

Fast? Yes, the GTO is fast stock (low 13's for the '04). This is no stock GTO though. I've got over 200+ hp to the wheels over a stock one. That puts me in the mid to high 11's at the strip. I've never raced it though, the local track here in Savannah closed down after they lost their lease.

So, an 11 second street car that is very street friendly and gets good gas milage should draw some interest here I hope.

money for money they are worth about the same, so i say if everything is up to par that is a fair trade.

a 04 gto auto will put you at around 18-23 grand, with all your work your in the 30+ grand, you can get a srt-10 for as low as 29k now.

Nice car i must admit the new gto are growing on me. Only becuase they are a good vaule for the preformance. Still not crazy about the looks allthough the 05' are better.

But the car preformace is nothing short of a vette, with a different body and a tad more weight.

overall nice car, one guestions on your dash, does the gaunges pop down ? is that a little compartment there or something ?

Very nice car Bro. Good luck on your trade. Hope you find your SRT10.

Welcome to the forum. As you can see, we are very protective of our trucks, lol. But overall some really good peeps here.

I am sure some will be interested in your offer.:burnout:

1Fast400 said:
To call him an idiot is just plain ignorant on everyone's part. I expected a lot more from this group.

Just to be the voice of reason if I may....

To use the words "...ignorant on everyone's part" isn't really fair. In fact, everyone didn't call him an idiot. In fact no one did.

Also, your words, "from this group" are equally as over generalized. The "group" didn't really say anything....

So, I believe you're unfairly generalizing and over reacting a bit here bro......just an observation...

SD

Last edited:
Viper7777 said:
.......... one guestions on your dash, does the gaunges pop down ? is that a little compartment there or something ?

No, it doesn't pop up or down. From the factory it is just a flat trim piece. That's the picture you see in one of the interior shots.

I added an aftermarket gauge pod that replaces that flat trim piece and installed two gauges, one fuel pressure and one vac/boost gauge. Both are nice to have on a boosted engine to keep an eye on things.

I can see how it may have been confused, totally my fault since I used pictures from different dates of different areas. Sorry about that.

Still waiting for the right offer.........

There is no one here that speaks for this "group". What every member posts is purly on an individual basis. I cannot speak for anyone else here, just myself.

I personally think that the man has a very nice car.
The value of anything is what some one will pay or trade for it. I don't think I would be too happy with my reception here if I were treated like Sport Coupe has been.

Welcome to the forum and wheather you get an SRT-10 or not please stay and enjoy yourself and have fun.

Jack

Adding to the description is an explaination of what that strange looking device is in the interior picture where an asktray would be. GTO's didn't come with an ashtray from the factory. It could be dealer installed if requested. I used that space for a remote, voice enabled radar detector from Whistler, the Pro 3450. Out of site but not out of mind, it's voice advisary alerts you to all threats. The radar antenna mounts in the front grill. It has an option for a rear antenna but I havn't needed it yet. Here's the picture again.

By the way, since I mentioned the ashtray, this GTO has never been smoked in by me or the first owner. I bought the car at 400 miles.

Whistler3450.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back