Trading the 10 for a Shelby GT 500???

LitemUp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the Ford Dealer this Friday to get my Wife's Epeditions oil changed since its included in the service plan that we have. While waiting I was looking at an 08 Shelby GT 500 and my salesman that sold me the Expedition was there and remembers my truck cause I should it to him. So he tells me that he could work me a really good deal on the Shelby. I told him how good being curious. He told me that I could take the Shelby for $4k off sticker which would putting it at $41k which I thought was not bad. So I told him how much for my truck. Yes the 10 :dontknow: I know, I know. So I take the 10 around back and the service director takes a look at it and falls in love with it, and offer me $28k.

Note: My current payments on my 10 are $287/month and have 43 month left. I refinanced about a year ago because my original interest rate was at 11% I digress. Well the worked out some payments and would be paying for the Shelby GT 500 $531/month for 72 months trading in the 10. I really would have considered it if it wasn't red with the white stripes.

You guys think I got a good deal?

I told him if he could get me silver/dark silver stripes I might be interested. So he's looking around to see he could find one for me.

What should I do if he locates one?

KEEP THE TRUCK:rock: :rock: :rock:
imvho

I say keep the truck... But in all fairness you are asking the wrong group of people as we tend to be bias... :)

It's all American Muscle:rock: , so I got no problem with either! I'm a little partial to Mustangs, since I've had so many! But, I need a truck now, so I'll end up with the best of both worlds (even though my Mustang ain't no Shelby!)! I say go for it!:burnout:

FYI...my stock 96 GTS will...smoke that thing, will hold better value, turn more heads, be cheaper to insure...keep the 10 or get a real car

also, I love mustangs too! had one and I think they are great cars...just my opinion

Their both fast and both have a crap ton of WOW.

Thats a good price on the 10. Do you have kids? they could all ride in the stang......................

TREKER said:
A mustang???? :eek: you got water on the brain? Dime a dozen bro.
WHAT TREKER SAID......KEEP THE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

A Shelby under sticker (2 here locally had $20K markups and didn't move an inch) shows how desperate dealers are with these high performance and low MPG vehicles...what's nice in your case is the trade in is pretty good (regardless of what you owe). Do they look too much like the ubiquitous GT (or other models)...I dunno, do Rams look like our trucks? With a pulley, tuner, CAI and cat-back they're in the 10s days all day. Nice car, you can't go wrong staying pat or trading in...

One good thing about the GT500 is, compared to these trucks (or Vipers), they are cheap-to-mod, and you can get a TON of power out of them without even opening up the engine!:rock: :burnout: :rock:

Geez, for a few grand you can have damn near 600 at the wheels (~440ish is stock for GT500's). The aftermarket is almost endless for Mustangs.

My Bud just did this and his car hauls-ass now! Though, I can't honestly say that I want one.:dontknow:

Very nice car but, Insurance most likely will be higher, your payments are going up almost $200 (that's a tank or two for the ten) plus you'll still be having to put gas in the Shelby. $41K :eek: Holy cow do they like those cars. Keep the truck. They were only built 2 1/2 years in limited numbers. How many Silver 04's were made? You've got less than 2 years until it's all yours or make the payments like you were paying for the Shelby and make it yours a lot sooner. There will always be a Shelby out there for sale when you have to have one. Keep the truck.

I would say get the car if was a black or silver. And if you want to go fast, you can go fast with a small amout of money. And they say right now that they might only make the gt500's for three years or so. But if you need to haul alot of stuff keep the truck.

While I would not trade it on a new GT 500, I think for a TRADE IN 28K is about as good as you are gonna get.

For 41K you can have one nice GEN II GTS that you will not loose money on once you sign the papers.

If my head and calculator are correct, you will be paying $53,891 for the Mustang.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back