Trainman's Shifting Video

Man I'd be scared to shift my truck like that bouncing of the rev limiter and spin a baring. How safe is it to shift like that?

One eye on the tac the other on the road and keep it two clicks below the red line!:rock::rock:

Man I'd be scared to shift my truck like that bouncing of the rev limiter and spin a baring. How safe is it to shift like that?

I've been shifting like that since the 60's (high school class of 64)and my truck has over 57000 miles and no engine issues or oil usage. It works for me:rock: Turn the sound up real loud and listen to the shifts in this video http://www.streetfire.net/video/trainman_2085103.htm And by the way...I didn't hit the rev limiter.

Last edited:
Jerry there will be a private track event at famoso during late jan or early fed, wanna come? :D i believe its on a sat. i will have a good camera by then :rock:

So, for those of us who only know what mods you have now running 11.9s... what mods did you have running 12.6 @ 109+? I see headers and a CAI, and I am sure you had a tune. Excellent times given the DA.

That poor L... and the announcer has classic "foot in mouth" syndrome. But gosh, 100mph through the traps... that thing was slow. Mine ran 104mph through the traps stock in 95^F heat in N. Texas.

So, for those of us who only know what mods you have now running 11.9s... what mods did you have running 12.6 @ 109+? I see headers and a CAI, and I am sure you had a tune. Excellent times given the DA.

That poor L... and the announcer has classic "foot in mouth" syndrome. But gosh, 100mph through the traps... that thing was slow. Mine ran 104mph through the traps stock in 95^F heat in N. Texas.

Back then the truck was full street weight, I had headers, race cats, magnaflow exhaust, Volant Ram Air, 4.56 gears(its an 04) ,CalTracs, Centerforce clutch, Aluminum flywheel, X-Metal GenIV shifter , M&H 390-40-17 Drag Radials and tune by Chris @ DC Performance.

Back then the truck was full street weight, I had headers, race cats, magnaflow exhaust, Volant Ram Air, 4.56 gears(its an 04) ,CalTracs, Centerforce clutch, Aluminum flywheel, X-Metal GenIV shifter , M&H 390-40-17 Drag Radials and tune by Chris @ DC Performance.

Thanks for sharing the combo. I don't have all those mods, but I would hope mine would run pretty close to that at 0' DA.

I paid my $100 so I will be there for sure.....Feb. 12....8am (I think)....come on out SoCal guys...its only $5 to watch.

Brad...you're always my No.1 Video guy and I feel the official VTCOA Video guy....please be there.

waaw , awesome video , very nice shifting...:rock:

I have to shift slow especially going I to fourth! Scary ramming gears with stock shifter.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back