Tried a little SCCA this weekend.

OnceBitten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is I NEED BETTER TIRES! Did OK for the first time I guess VERY short course). This was NOT by best run but the only one with video so far. Actually knocked off a considerable amount of time at the end of the day during some "fun runs". This morning got to run in the RAIN! Had fun though:D

YouTube - ‪Johns Dodge Ram SRT-10‬‏

Course was a little longer today. Much improved over yesterday. It rained this morning but dried up in the afternoon. I feel like the truck did prety well considering what else was running. Not the slowest but definately not the fastest by a long way! The wife even got in some runs. I am hoping someone got vid of her last run....she "hung it out" but saved it in one of the turns!

Autocrossing is great fun... no matter what you run. In the past I have run many different trucks (Nissan Frontier, Tacoma (4 cyl and an X-runner) supercharged Tundra) and lots of different cars. I have a great time in everything I run.... the trucks usually aren't real competetive given their size and weight, but I still think it's a great way to spend the day, and to see a beast like ours on course is pretty nice.

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

got an event july 10th at the TMS. might check it out:rock:

looks like as long as your ride is in good mechanical condition & ya got a brain bucket your good to go:rock::rock::rock:

I wish I would have known you were going! You should have left your normal tires/wheels on there. When are going next time?

I haven't autocrossed in years. Well, except for the SRT Track Experiences I attended at VIR and Summit Point. Did they group the vehicles by class?

I wish I would have known you were going! You should have left your normal tires/wheels on there. When are going next time?

Di is hooked now! She also got some track time in the "MSBLUENEON" and had a BLAST. Guess I will be in the market for some sort of small car. As far as the truck I am looking into front springs, rear blocks, and a set of Caltracs. Also may get the 20" steelies widened to 11" and running Toyo R888 315/30/20s. Traction is a BIG issue on a tight course.

be a different Viper Truck GTG for sure:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

get enough together & could look like the denmark/swedish GTG:rock::rock::rock:

FS Stock is also the same class as a new 5.0 GT unmodded so it's not really a fair class for our 5,000+ lb bricks.

Glad you had a great time. Autocrossing is alot of fun but you should find a road course where you can play. The truck will love a bigger course. I've got 1 track day on Aug. 1st and I'm trying to get 1 or 2 more this summer. When you Hit 150mph at the end of the straightway and 300 feet later you're at 30 and in 2nd gear you got to love it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back