Truck feels like it goes in neutral after 2500 RPM?

big_ol_meat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I decided to stretch my truck out a little. In 2nd and 3rd I gave it quite a bit of gas. Both times it felt like it "stalled" at 2500RPM. It just felt like it dropped a gear. I drive a RC.

Also, when I'm first driving the truck after it's been sitting at 1800-1900 RPM it feels like an automatic when it drops a gear. It just all of a sudden jerks. Could the Paxton be causing this?

I'm started to get frustrated with my purchase. :(

Hmmm.... Have you changed your plugs lately? If your paxtoned then you will be running colder plugs. If you drive it like a girl , the plugs will foul quickly. Just my 2 cents! Your description is very vague

Vague at best, need more info, to me it almost sounds like ur tranny is slippin, maybe im missin sumpthin???

Could be belt slippage and you are getting boost, then your "downshift feeling"?Pinned crank? Make sure they haven't sheared if so.

What does the engine RPM do when this happens? Does it stay climbing at a stead rate, does it jump up fast, does it drop off? That would help determine if it is a engine problem or a drivetrain problem.

Ok sorry I've been pretty busy. I replaced the TPS in my truck and it helped. Instead of going to about 2500RPM and feeling like I just hit 2 foot of sand, it now goes to around 3500 RPM before doing it. It's usually in 3rd/4th/5th gear. 1st and 2nd doesn't do this. The truck climbs RPM's fine until about 3500RPM then "bogs down". The RPM's do not rise.

Sounds like it is running out of gas! How is fuel pressure during the run up? Paxton kit has a set of fuel pumps to increase fuel pressure during boost. Maybe a fuse problem? Me thinks you need some gauges. Sure help with diagnosis!

Hold it!!! You say it revs like it is in neutral ? I'd say the clutch is baked!!!

Hold it!!! You say it revs like it is in neutral ? I'd say the clutch is baked!!!

agree, Mine would feel kinda what you are saying yours does.

2nd 3rd higher rpms felt like turbo lag, then it would grip sometimes.

the clutch was done. ever since the new clutch package upgrade, it has never done it again.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back