Tuning By Sean Roe...

We have a cancellation...so we can slip one more in at the end of the day on Saturday...if anyone is interested.

Prof said:
Paul Hilgee has moved to MN. He had a twin turbo...just rebuilt this past winter...glad he moved he would have been huge competition for me...we would have been pushing hard on that 14 second barrier!
14 secs my hiney:burnout: :burnout:

Really! If you and I race I will need at least four truck lengths...maybe five since I am so old.

Prof said:
Really! If you and I race I will need at least four truck lengths...maybe five since I am so old.

and stevie wonder driving:driver: :ahhhhh: :saint:

I will be there to watch and drool on saturday. Maybe friday too if I can get out of work early.

Great David...hope you can stay for dinner either or both nights.

Hats off to Prof, Sean Roe and the entire gang at Westech Automotive!! Had a GREAT time hanging out with all of you. Thank you Roy for a tasty lunch. Truly awesome watching the Master work his magic tuning some already great machines, making them even better!! Can't wait to get out today and see what my car can do now. Just with the short test drive after Sean spoke to my car, it is truly a stronger crisper running machine. Now I'm going to need rear tires even sooner!! Curious to see who made the most hp after all the dust settles, or should I say after all the exhaust fumes have cleared out.

My car and I both Thank you Roy, for setting this up and even having to pony up some extra $$ on you part to make this happen.
Thank you Sean, for taking time out of your life to be away from your family, and spend time getting the most out of our ROE S/C beasts.
Thank you Norm, for the use of your very impressive shop!
It was a great day! Thanks...Joe Bryant

Last edited:
Matt, nice to finally meet you. Your excellent taste in vehicles (right down to the color) was obvious. I appreciate your participation and hope you had a great time.

Roy

Roy "Put Out"???

Never happen...I treasure my chastity!

I have anticipated that question here is a long response:

You know I have no idea!

Sean and Norm gave me an education about tuning that emphasized the concept that hp and tq are really just marketing points...neither of them was at all concerned about the numbers...it was all about air/fuel ratios, cooling in specific rpm ranges, and about a dozen other parameters...that just confused me.

So I did not even ask...

I do know that the truck is wicked fast after yesterday afternoon's final session. We found a technical issue with the injection angle of the meth that made a huge difference...

I am so stoked that I can't sleep.

My estimate is close to 750 rwhp...but I am very old, tend toward exaggeration, and have been known to outright lie without reason.

Sean says he saw a number close to 600, but that since it was a Mustang dyno he didn't have a frame of reference because all of his experience prior to this was on a Dyno Jet...

I think I will seek a Dyno Jet this week to get a number...Sean cautioned me that if I develop a conversion factor that it may or may not apply to anyone else with a build like mine, and certainly could not be applied to different vehicles or set ups.

But I know inquiring minds will want bottom line numbers and all of us know that if you have any ego at all you need to use a Dyno Jet for those hp and tq figures!

Whatever the numbers are...it runs so good!

Prof said:
Roy "Put Out"???

Never happen...I treasure my chastity!

I have anticipated that question here is a long response:

You know I have no idea!

Sean and Norm gave me an education about tuning that emphasized the concept that hp and tq are really just marketing points...neither of them was at all concerned about the numbers...it was all about air/fuel ratios, cooling in specific rpm ranges, and about a dozen other parameters...that just confused me.

So I did not even ask...

I do know that the truck is wicked fast after yesterday afternoon's final session. We found a technical issue with the injection angle of the meth that made a huge difference...

I am so stoked that I can't sleep.

My estimate is close to 750 rwhp...but I am very old, tend toward exaggeration, and have been known to outright lie without reason.

Sean says he saw a number close to 600, but that since it was a Mustang dyno he didn't have a frame of reference because all of his experience prior to this was on a Dyno Jet...

I think I will seek a Dyno Jet this week to get a number...Sean cautioned me that if I develop a conversion factor that it may or may not apply to anyone else with a build like mine, and certainly could not be applied to different vehicles or set ups.

But I know inquiring minds will want bottom line numbers and all of us know that if you have any ego at all you need to use a Dyno Jet for those hp and tq figures!

Whatever the numbers are...it runs so good!

so whatcha finally sayin is you can keep with me now? Heck may just have to run over there one of these days and see if myself, considering Im not getting many bites I may have to keep my truck for now (as if im so sad but Ill keep trying until either things get better or well then shes gone).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back