Tuning question

oneslowVip3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a used SCT tuner which is supposed to have a 91 octane, 93 octane, and a race gas tune. I also have an under drive pulley coming. Truck currently has a k&n cai.

I will be installing the 91 octane tune when it arrives as that's my only fuel option where I'm located. Question is, will I need a special tune just for those mods?

Thanks

I just purchased a used SCT tuner which is supposed to have a 91 octane, 93 octane, and a race gas tune. I also have an under drive pulley coming. Truck currently has a k&n cai.

I will be installing the 91 octane tune when it arrives as that's my only fuel option where I'm located. Question is, will I need a special tune just for those mods?

Thanks

no , You just need to make sure your sct was tuned with a truck like yours with same mods . An R/C tune will not work on a Q/C truck .Make sure that they were not custom tunes either .

Last edited:
What are you guys doing for a gauge pod if you want to keep the oil temp gauge?

And just to clarify I bought one of the older tuners. I'm thinking the second one? Hope that it won't be a problem!

I've never liked the idea of buying used tuners.... Oh well

299 miles to empty and headed south, drinking, driving and typing on my phone

X2 on the GTO parts. Stuff for my 04 is very pricey. The problem is they only made the car for three years...sound familiar? To top that off they sold right in the area of 40k cars over the three years so there is not a huge market.

$200 for a mail in tune seems reasonable to me for what that's worth.

'Moe

X2 on the GTO parts. Stuff for my 04 is very pricey. The problem is they only made the car for three years...sound familiar? To top that off they sold right in the area of 40k cars over the three years so there is not a huge market.

$200 for a mail in tune seems reasonable to me for what that's worth.

'Moe

I agree.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back