Tuning question

Ok. Not really worth paying that much to have the fan adjusted I don't think.

could also install a 170 t-stat, it sounds like that tune was written for a truck with one installed.

If you have a tune that is set to run at for example 170* but you have the stock thermostat, you're fan while running on high the whole time is likely to cook something. Keep in mind that the fan is running off of the same system as your power steering.

could also install a 170 t-stat, it sounds like that tune was written for a truck with one installed.

Bingo.

And this is why you don't buy tuners used and load the tunes that were in them unless you are 100% sure what was changed in the file. Always get a new file if you are unsure, or better yet, if you just want a basic flash, get the ECU flashed and be done with it... no need for the SCT device at all.

He has a tune for a 170 stat, without having one installed. The target temp is below the thermostat threshold, so his fan is going full-bore trying to lower a temperature that it is not capable of lowering because of the thermostat being closed below 185.

Dan's about the smartest guy in the room when it comes to Vipers, good man to listen to

Just got my tuner from Torrie as recommended on this forum. Can't wait to plug it in and have a play. I'm in Australia and it was a seamless transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back