Turbo's

Stanimal said:
my dads been tryin to get me to put a blower on the truck since the first time i took him for a ride 2 years ago. thought about it and have been tryin to get the money to do it for a couple months now. who has the roe and do you like it?

Three member that I know of have the Roe. Prof, NBT, and 1Fast400.

Silverback said:
Okay, I confused you. Sorry.

The reason I called it a Belt Driven Turbo is that they both compress the air with a driven impeller. On the turbo the impeller is driven by the exhaust. On the Paxton it's driven by a belt. Neither one is a positive displacement air compressor like the Roe is.

The Roe takes a set volumn of air and compresses it same as an air compressor.

Did that help clarify what I was trying to say?
For the most part, yes. So what is the advantage of the compressor effect?

Azmal said:
For the most part, yes. So what is the advantage of the compressor effect?

Depending on how you set it up, you can have boost at an idle. Throttle response is instantanous, and it's not dependant on load like a turbo. The torque curve is much flatter also.

This is no longer the problem it used to be, but with a positive displacement blower you have to be carefull of backfires. The blower or manifold needs to have a burst panel incase of a backfire so the presure has some place to go. If not you can lose an engine.

Interesting... It seems like the power is limited by the capasity of the engine build, but is it pretty easy to increase the PSI? I dont -think- I'll ever want to go over 700 RWHP, but if I did, all the options (TT, Paxton S/C, TwinScrew) are pretty capable of going into the 1000RWHP range right?

Azmal said:
Interesting... It seems like the power is limited by the capasity of the engine build, but is it pretty easy to increase the PSI? I dont -think- I'll ever want to go over 700 RWHP, but if I did, all the options (TT, Paxton S/C, TwinScrew) are pretty capable of going into the 1000RWHP range right?

If you are going to go into the 1000hp range you would want turbos in my opinion.

The nice thing about turbos is that they work off the heat energy of the engine, so if you are not into the throttle much, you are not producing boost, or stress on the engine.

Oh, one more thing. You will want to rebuild the motor to take this hp level up front.

If you want 1000rwhp, turbos are the way to go. Plan on spending 20k more to do turbo's vs SC

Less stress is a good point... but realistically, if I ever decide to go for 1000+ HP (IE 30-40K) I'll spend the 20K to get a used RC first lol. I'd rather build my QC for show and a little street and a little track time and some twisty mountain time and some time at a road course.

The RC would be cheaper to build due to transmission stuff. You also will be lighter and not have the parasitic tranny like the QC's. Driving it might be a little difficult. Few can hit all the gears under WOT.

Azmal said:
Yep... next step... $50K of pocket change... now taking donations
*holds out a cup* *rattle rattle*

Not sure you would want to hold out an empty cup in front of some of the members here.:eek: ;) :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back