Uconnect Rear View Mirror

NYV10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to buy a Uconnect Rear View Mirror, anyone have one please let me know.
Thanks

NYV10 said:
Wow, I had no idea this was so a pricey venture. I was thinking of doing it this way:

Mopar Uconnect kit: P/N 82210081
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...K:MEWAX:IT&item=400049228420#ebayphotohosting

and a Uconnect Mirror in place of the supplied microphone.

Am I off base here? They're checking out for me over at Avondale but if any one has any input that would be great.
I have a complete kit that i remove from my 06 charger daytona before selling it...i dont know if it fits in our trucks but we can check...I'm sure the the mirror harness,the mirror are the same....well if interested let me know i sell it for 300 for u...Kit includes:Mirror,mirror harness,module,and the main harness that go from the rec radio to the module and to the mirror harness

The Complete Uconnect Kit from the Mopar Super Center is only $589. That includes: Mirror, Wiring harness, Uconnect/Bluetooth module. I purchased it back in Jan of this year. Everything went in perfectly, can not tell the difference from factory install.

I had my local Dealer install it for me for $150. I did the Sirius Sat Radio at the same time. Both harnesses plugged into the radio head and operate flawlessly.

If you are going to go Uconnect it is the only way to go. You should give them a call. Heck it would only cost you 30 cents to get it from the source.

They are also the only vendor that sells the "Jet" cable harness that fits and works with the existing wiring harness and data buss.

that kit only works for can-bus systems which is 06 and up rams. 04-05 rams are a PCI bus system, so it will not work

love dodge said:
I have a complete kit that i remove from my 06 charger daytona before selling it...i dont know if it fits in our trucks but we can check...I'm sure the the mirror harness,the mirror are the same....well if interested let me know i sell it for 300 for u...Kit includes:Mirror,mirror harness,module,and the main harness that go from the rec radio to the module and to the mirror harness
PM sent

TheMoparConnection said:
that kit only works for can-bus systems which is 06 and up rams. 04-05 rams are a PCI bus system, so it will not work

They also have the same kit for the PCI bus system. Just did the search for the 2005 and got this.

1 Product(s) for DODGE SRT-10 Ram Truck 2005
Factory Style UConnect Hands Free Cellular System
Retail Price : $866.00
Online Price : $589.13

Like I said, give them a call, .30 cents and have a correct answer form the vendor, don't just take my word for it. :)

love dodge said:
Btw u cant use a mirror instead.....it wont work

Still haven't heard from Avondale. Why won't it work? Different connections, compatibility issues? Thanks

Yes compatibility issues....The oem kit with the mirror has a harness exclusively for the mirror and it has to conectors on it..one for the uconnect and the other one for the power mirror....And this harness with a 10 pin conector on the other end connects to the OEM harness on the car....thats why it wont work the mirror has it own harness

The Uconnect Kit from the Mopar Super Center does work with the Rear View Mirror, just as the rides that came factory installed. There is No small speaker or Mic to mount. The sound is pumped through the Radio Head and out to the audio speakers, the Mic is built into the Rear View Mirror.

Since they have both the PCI and CAN bus versions there is NO compabitily issues either.

Of course the kit from mopar center has no problem connecting with the mirror...that's where i bought mine from btw....but he is NOT talking about this kit....hes is talking about a kit from ebay and trying to use it with the OEM mirror.In that case it will not work....Because the ebay kit comes with a microphone to be hooked on the sunvisor therefore will not work...

Here it is how my kit looks like....very diferent from the one from ebay

CIMG3335.jpg

Da1Chief said:
Sorry I mis-understood... :( Love Dodge is 100 percent correct.....
Is the one Love Dodge selling the same part number you have? If it works in our trucks I'll take it.

love dodge said:
Of course the kit from mopar center has no problem connecting with the mirror...that's where i bought mine from btw....but he is NOT talking about this kit....hes is talking about a kit from ebay and trying to use it with the OEM mirror.In that case it will not work....Because the ebay kit comes with a microphone to be hooked on the sunvisor therefore will not work...

PM sent, r u free this weekend?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back