Under drive pulleys! Group Buy!! Your least expensive first power modification!

Could I expect it to effect my stereo system and HID lights, such as causing flickering?

No sir, you will only notice one change....throttle response :)
I have a handful running them already with no downsides!
Voltage, cooling, power steering are all unaffected.
A competition stereo will just need a higher amp alternator ;)

Cool. I'm running 2 amps but they are small, combined like 500 amps or so, so not real big.

Cool. I'm running 2 amps but they are small, combined like 500 amps or so, so not real big.

Hopefully not 500 amps but rather watts;)
You really do need the amperage draw PER amplifier to see what you'll take from the charging system.
Surely you'll be fine unless they are huge.

Hopefully not 500 amps but rather watts;)
You really do need the amperage draw PER amplifier to see what you'll take from the charging system.
Surely you'll be fine unless they are huge.

amps, watts, volts, blah! Sorry man, I'm an Army Engineer and have been dealing a lot with generators lately. got my electrical terms all jumbled up

amps, watts, volts, blah! Sorry man, I'm an Army Engineer and have been dealing a lot with generators lately. got my electrical terms all jumbled up

Lmao! :chain:
Seriously though, the pulley won't affect that anymore than stock. Basically lets say your alternator produces 120 amp of juice to power your ignition, PCM, interior electronics (windows,locks,mirrors,etc) , your lighting system (headlights,brake lights,interior lighting,etc) that a lot of amps used at a given time. An average midrange/treble amp can draw 35 amps, while many subwoofer amps are anywhere from 40-200 amps!!!
I have an MTX 1501D that pulls 142 amps and factory recommended 150amp
Circuit Breaker!!! Not a fuse but a full blown resettable circuit breaker!!
So you see how fast your factory alternator becomes deficient?
So unless you go for a DB sound contest system, you'll be great :)

lol definitely not going for competitions, although I wouldn't mind a high amp alternator anyways. I had one when I had my car supercharged with a modest sound system. just gives me piece of mind.

I'll take one as well. Thanks. What kind of time frame are we looking at?

Hey I didn't volunteer for one! lol fine I guess if I'm on the list I'll take one :D

I picked up a 0.5lbs lighter crank pulley from JMB a few weeks ago. I wonder how the combo of your UD pulley and the lighter crank pulley will be. I imagine the two combined will compliment one another.

I picked up a 0.5lbs lighter crank pulley from JMB a few weeks ago. I wonder how the combo of your UD pulley and the lighter crank pulley will be. I imagine the two combined will compliment one another.

This IS your crank pulley! Lol. If you got one already for the crank then you are good to go brother.

This is what I bought: "Ive also got a good used billet stock size crank pulley for stock dampners $50, its about .5 # lighter than OEM."

This is what I bought: "Ive also got a good used billet stock size crank pulley for stock dampners $50, its about .5 # lighter than OEM."

The difference is you bought a lightweight stock sized pulley in which your stock belt will work with. Venomous1's pulley is also lighter weight but smaller in diameter to underdrive the accessories which helps free up some extra hp. The stock sized lightweight pulley will make a slight difference, but the UD pulley listed for sale here will be even better. :burnout:

The difference is you bought a lightweight stock sized pulley in which your stock belt will work with. Venomous1's pulley is also lighter weight but smaller in diameter to underdrive the accessories which helps free up some extra hp. The stock sized lightweight pulley will make a slight difference, but the UD pulley listed for sale here will be even better. :burnout:

Thanks bud! Yeah, what he said :) ^^

peer pressure huh? fine, keep me on the list :burnout:

You could call it that, but you know you wanted to buy one anyway. I just gave you a little nudge. :D

he's giving you a cut of the profits isn't he? blah, ok, denial over, yes, I want one.

he's giving you a cut of the profits isn't he? blah, ok, denial over, yes, I want one.

I'm just backing up a great guy putting out a great product! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back