Unreleased B&M Shifter Review / Ratings !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riff62 said:
Patrick..Great job on the reviews of both shifters. Its really helpful to have comparisons of different products, and these reviews are a great addition to this site. Since alot of these guys are taking their trucks to the track, it would be interesting to compare what happens at the track when you add a new product. IE: "before new kanuter valve install I ran a 14.0, after install, I ran a 12.0". I realize you may not want to beat the piss out of your truck this way, but its just a thought.
What was the price on the B+M?..I think someone mentioned around $300.00?

Yes, this will be performed. I'm going to take both shifters with me to the track, and swap them during runs to see how well they compare in those conditions

Thanks

Patrick

Riff62 said:
Patrick..Great job on the reviews of both shifters. Its really helpful to have comparisons of different products, and these reviews are a great addition to this site. Since alot of these guys are taking their trucks to the track, it would be interesting to compare what happens at the track when you add a new product. IE: "before new kanuter valve install I ran a 14.0, after install, I ran a 12.0". I realize you may not want to beat the piss out of your truck this way, but its just a thought.
What was the price on the B+M?..I think someone mentioned around $300.00?

Thank You,

Even if RedSrt007 isn't necessarily biased towards specific product publicly, people can still take the specification and internal components and make a pretty good knowledgeable decision :)

I think the Review Section helps members not to spend there money twice, and at least get some information and 'insides' before making a decision.:burnout:

Patrick

Agreed..I for one cant afford to spend it twice, hell sometimes I cant afford to spend it once. From reading your reviews, I know which one I will buy.
Again, awesome job. I look forward to seeing any updates and other reveiws.

moparracing said:
very good review !!!!!!

my question to you would be is boomer's gen 4 shifter worth twice as much as the b&m shifter ??
does a Viper cost more than a Camaro?;)

moparracing said:
not trying to offend you boomer, but i'm interested in RedSrt007's opinion on this too......

These reviews seem very unbiased and fair....and have enough information for each individual to make an informed decision based on their driving styles and habits....For instance I would go with the X-metal because I'm a racer and want the best possible shifting accuracy at the track:rock:

moparracing said:
not trying to offend you boomer, but i'm interested in RedSrt007's opinion on this too......
no offense taken bro, you just gotta read between the lines;)

VPRPWR said:
These reviews seem very unbiased and fair....and have enough information for each individual to make an informed decision based on their driving styles and habits....For instance I would go with the X-metal because I'm a racer and want the best possible shifting accuracy at the track:rock:

there is no doubt that boomer's gen 4 shifter has alot of hard work put into it, i bought one........ when it comes down to competition with another shifter like b&m, is it worth twice as much ?? some guys that are on the fence still, are going to want to know.......

moparracing said:

As my opinions try to stay fairly neutral between different manufacturers, I base my opinions on facts, specifications, and how well it preforms; compared to the dollar . So to best answer your question, please review post # 3 where I mentioned the different driving style's the consumer may have.

As shown in the two different shifter reviews, different manufactures use different parts. For example, the B&M uses a lubricated nylon pivot ball, where the X-Metal uses a Spherical bearing. The B&M uses 4 compression springs, where the Xmetal uses 28+. So you can see why the price is double, its very difficult to compare apples to oranges! :D As Mark @ B&M agrees, to produce the Gen4 shifter, it would MSRP at what X-metal is selling them for. For the MSRP, the B&M is a very good value for the performance! and for the MSRP, the Xmetal is a very good value also!

So the question comes down to, whats your driving style?
a) Daily cruiser w/ Drag Racing?
or
B) Daily cruiser w/ some Drag Racing mixed it?

Thanks

Patrick

Havent you said this before?:D

If you want better shifting get the B&M

If you want to race and have the BEST shifter go X-metal

"As Mark @ B&M agrees, to produce the Gen4 shifter, it would MSRP at what X-metal is selling them for. For the MSRP, the B&M is a very good value for the performance! and for the MSRP, the Xmetal is a very good value also!"

my question is answered, thank you.......

Patrick that is a damn good review! Most excellent , not leaning one wayor the other, jsut a straight forward honest opinion. I like that, thank you for taking the time out to do this for us, it will definitly help out in our decisions:D

Stinker said:
Patrick that is a damn good review! Most excellent , not leaning one wayor the other, jsut a straight forward honest opinion. I like that, thank you for taking the time out to do this for us, it will definitly help out in our decisions:D

:rock:

Pat another great write up man! I really like how you threw in:

So the question comes down to, whats your driving style?
a) Daily cruiser w/ Drag Racing?
or
B) Daily cruiser w/ some Drag Racing mixed it?

a Few of us are out smoking Lightnings, Mustangs and other cars at the local Drag strip or Red Light drags.

I'm happy with the last generation Shifter. The ratteling bothered me at first now I just rest my hand on it and problem solved. I love the quality of Boomers shifter and I had a B&M in my Z28 Camaro and both are great products.

If anyone is interested in a B&M shifter, B&M contacted me this morning and said they would sell to the VTCOA for "Dealer" pricing, and it appears the VTCOA might get them before the public...

If interested please contact :

Chris McCollum<O:p</O:p
B&M Racing & Performance Products<O:p</O:p
818 882 6422 x214

<O:p<O:p
Thank You</O:p

RedSrt007</O:p
</O:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts