UPDATE ON FACTORY U-CONNECT INSTALL

Kevan said:
Sorry Wes.
The clock thing is kind of a running joke with me.
I've been very outspoken about how disappointed I am to own a $50,000 truck with a clock that has smaller digits than those on my watch. People thought I was kidding until I posted a comparison pic. It was sad....but true.

Awesome head unit. Crappy clock.

Quit yer bitchin' and spend $50k on a 06. :D

If you can't read the clock on an 06, you need not be behind the wheel of the truck/car/tricycle. :D

Will this application work on a 2006 with the REC? I sure don't like the Mopar aftermarket one with the little control panel.

Thanks,

Lee

Roz-SRT said:
Quit yer bitchin' and spend $50k on a 06. :D
Yeah...that'll solve someone else's failure.
:D

Truck goes to the dealership in the AM for a new IAC module. They're going to check for RB4/UConnect updates as well.

Rachel's Razr was purchased post-UConnect release, so it should have all the latest/greatest on it. I'm going to try her phone with the system in the truck tonight and run some tests.

Jimi- you don't mind if I call you at 3AM, do ya? :)

Kevan said:
Jimi- you don't mind if I call you at 3AM, do ya? :)

Nah!!! Be my guest. :dontknow: ;) :elefant:

Kevan said:
Call me and let me hear what a non-delay system sounds like!

The only delay i have (and will be working on fixing this) is if i dial through my phone, u-connect doesnt kick on until the party answers.

TheMoparConnection said:
The only delay i have (and will be working on fixing this) is if i dial through my phone, u-connect doesnt kick on until the party answers.

So the ring-back doesn't ring through your truck speakers? :dontknow:

TheMoparConnection said:
Okay...and then how many seconds before the other party is able to hear you speaking?

U CONNECT

TheMoparConnection said:
OK Guys!!! Quite a few of you were interested in my progress of the factory U-connect install. I am proud to say I have finally received all of the parts needed to do the install. I was being cheap and waiting patiently to get most of my parts for free, thats why this mod has been taking so long.
Here's what you'll need:
1. Instrument Panel Wiring Harness p/n 5029763AC-- $434.00
2. U-Connect Mirror p/n 5064017AD-- $255.00
3. U-Connect Factory Module p/n 56043255AI--$645.00
4. Headliner Wiring p/n 56051317AC--$41.00
5. (maybe U-connect Jumper Harness) p/n 56043298AC (will know after I remove dash if this is needed)-- $30.00
6. $$$$ and about 4 hours of your time.

Will be starting the install this evening. Will remove Dash tonight and start to replace dash harness. Will finish Thursday or Friday evening, Saturday the latest. i only have about 2 hours each night to work on and Wed night I have other plans. Will update as I progress...

Robert
Hey Robert,Question i have a dealer installed u connect not the mirror type,but under hard accel almost lose the other person on the other end they say the connection starts to break up,any ideas?thanks:)

Kevan said:
Okay...and then how many seconds before the other party is able to hear you speaking?
i dont know, i have only used it once on the way home. i just heard a "hello" and we started talking. i think i'm going to be replacing the u-connect module. Kevan do you have that same problem?

yellowfeverquad said:
Hey Robert,Question i have a dealer installed u connect not the mirror type,but under hard accel almost lose the other person on the other end they say the connection starts to break up,any ideas?thanks:)
sounds like a loose wire somewhere that loses contact.

TheMoparConnection said:

you can say that again. thats some serious bank for u-connect. think i'd have to go yank one out of a junkyard.

How did the phone test go yesterday, Robert?

I got a couple of blanks on my machine. I'm guessing they were you. :)

Kevan said:
How did the phone test go yesterday, Robert?

I got a couple of blanks on my machine. I'm guessing they were you. :)
the funny thing it wasnt me.:dontknow: i never got a break to go home at lunch. what i did do is: called my girlfriend with here next to me, no delay. as soon as she answered it connected. heard all of her "hello". i'm just not getting the ring, radio never turns off either.

kcsr said:
you can say that again. thats some serious bank for u-connect. think i'd have to go yank one out of a junkyard.

goodluck finding one. it would have to be out of a SRT-10 with U-Connect. that wasnt that popular of an option in the SRT-10. The YF, CM editions you couldn't even order U-Connect.

TheMoparConnection said:
goodluck finding one. it would have to be out of a SRT-10 with U-Connect. that wasnt that popular of an option in the SRT-10. The YF, CM editions you couldn't even order U-Connect.

thanks for the info. guess i should appreciate mine more. i just never got around to reprogramming it after the last couple of times when i had to disconnect the battery.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back