Urgent Help Needed...Please

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and Lynette every day. I can't imagine what you both are going through, it must be very hard for you both. Keep on keepin on, and give Lynette and lil Wil the pill a big hug for us :rock:

Here's the roller coaster on which I seem to be attached....

The Neurologist called tonight and told me that Lynette is suffering from an advanced form of brain atrophy. He said that she has the brain of a 90yr old... This condition is totally unrelated to the tumor. But it's taking her brain at a rapid rate and they don't know why.

They'll be drawing some blood soon to attempt to determine the cause of this.

In the meantime, my wife is semi-lucid one minute and in a virtual coma later on...

It's the rollercoaster from hell... But, I'm doing my best to remain balanced amidst all the stimuli.... Mr. Miyagi was right....

Your prayers are cherished, as always..........

Thanks.

D

Django said:
Here's the roller coaster on which I seem to be attached....

The Neurologist called tonight and told me that Lynette is suffering from an advanced form of brain atrophy. He said that she has the brain of a 90yr old... This condition is totally unrelated to the tumor. But it's taking her brain at a rapid rate and they don't know why.

They'll be drawing some blood soon to attempt to determine the cause of this.

In the meantime, my wife is semi-lucid one minute and in a virtual coma later on...

It's the rollercoaster from hell... But, I'm doing my best to remain balanced amidst all the stimuli.... Mr. Miyagi was right....

Your prayers are cherished, as always..........

Thanks.

D

We are here for you Tim. God Bless ...........

OCBob said:
Thinking about you and Lynette today Tim. Actually, I find myself thinking of you guys often. Keep up the good fight.

It is a fight on a roller coaster to be sure......

Thanks for the love, Yall..........

D

Well, heres my take on Rollercoasters..They usually start off slow, drop you like a rock, fling you around in your seat, might turn you upside down a few times, scare the shit out of you, and finally slow down, level off and stop..and when they do, you never have to get back on again..
Hang in there Tim..hugs to Lynette and you both..

OCBob said:
Hey Timmy, just thinking about you and Lynette today. Hope things are as good as can be all things considered. Give her a hug from us.

Hey, Bobb-o.....

Lynette's brain is slightly higher functioning but her body is still pretty wimpy.

Hopefully, I can get her brain well enough (she's having two high nutrient infusions per week) to want to get her body stronger. At this point exercise is just NOT what she wants or is willing (in any way) to do...

I will NOT force her to rehab... I will encourage her, reason with her (as much as possible) and request her to please do some PT, but I'm NOT gonna force her to do it.

Welcome to my world today.........

Thanks for ALL the love, prayers and good wishes. We love you all...:congrats:

I gotta split to town and do the weekly shopping.

D

Django said:
Hey, Bobb-o.....

Lynette's brain is slightly higher functioning but her body is still pretty wimpy.

Hopefully, I can get her brain well enough (she's having two high nutrient infusions per week) to want to get her body stronger. At this point exercise is just NOT what she wants or is willing (in any way) to do...

I will NOT force her to rehab... I will encourage her, reason with her (as much as possible) and request her to please do some PT, but I'm NOT gonna force her to do it.

Welcome to my world today.........

Thanks for ALL the love, prayers and good wishes. We love you all...:congrats:

I gotta split to town and do the weekly shopping.

D

You are her ROCK and I love you for that :rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :D Give the girls a big old hug and our best :) :)

Wifey said:
You are her ROCK and I love you for that :rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :D Give the girls a big old hug and our best :) :)

I just taking care of the finest lady who ever lived during her time of greatest need. I can think of no one more deserving of the very best. I owe her my life. I'm just doing the job I swore to do when we got married: ..."to love to honor and to cherish in sickness and in health 'til death do us part. Amen."

Willow gets extra love, too....... I'm sure this has been no fun for her the last year. She's my girl.... Wil is the Alpha female....

Love you guys....

D

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I'm usually the last one to want to ride the emotional rollercoaster. It's easy to do under my current situation.

But, I must give good reports when they arise... lest we grow weary in well doing.

Lynette has (ever so) slowly begun to get her brain rewired. The process is agonizingly slow. But it is still undeniably happening. Her sentences and thought process are just a bit more complex now. And she is remembering things (short term) better, too.

But, the best news is that she's agreed to begin doing some physical therapy twice a day. THIS IS BIG. Previously, I couldn't get her to do anything but sleep. Of course, PT is always a work in progress and requires alot of TLC (encouragement) but the fact that she's willing to make a start is a real answer to prayer....

Keep believing, keep praying, sending out good vibes, thoughts or whatever you feel that you should do.... Every effort is a gift of love and has a healing effect on Lynette. It and you are all greatly appreciated for holding her up and believing for the best....

Thanks to you all and thanks be to God.....

D

Great News Tim. Keep encouraging to strive for the best that she can give, and the best will always be what you get.

tinygiants said:
Great News Tim. Keep encouraging to strive for the best that she can give, and the best will always be what you get.

At this point, I'll take whatever victories I can get- great or small....:itsme:

D

in case anyone needs to know this...

THIS right here on this very forum is the UNDENIABLE DEFINITION of true love...

everyone should take note......

don't let those two girls run you ragged, timmy:D...

Great news Tim. I am hoping for Lynette to get through this soon.

Bill.

Sounds like great progress Tim. Will keep the thoughts and prayers coming. You are definately a tough ole bird.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back