Urgent Help Needed...Please

Lynette has an appointment today for a second opinion on treatment of the tumor.

I hope he agrees that radiation is the first approach and not a combo of radiation and chemo.....

That would suck for Lynette....

D

Out at Hershey, they have something called Gamma Knife..Might be worth a look..not sure if its applicable here...
BTW, thanks for the paragraphs..lol

Back from the oncologist...... Nice guy, but he started talking about shit we didn't expect. Things like life expectancy on one hand while saying that he's not even saying it's a tumor without proof from a biopsy on the other.....wtf?

All in all, Lynette's going ahead with radiation and revisiting the first neurosurgeon for his opinion of the latest piks (MR Spec). We want to see whether or not he's changed his mind about the dangers of biopsy.

The oncologist today suggested a biopsy of an area of the tissue furthest away from any ultra sensitive areas of the brain thru a tiny hole (rather than a craniotomy). We were still not too hot on the idea and preferred the option of radiation and close examination within a reasonable time to observe any results from that.

So, I have a call into the neurosurgeon, but I don't expect to hear from him until after the first of the year....

Lynette's radiation starts (tentatively) on Jan. 4th..........

D

Just caught up with this thread....

I will continue to pray for speedy and effective treatments for Lynette, and strength and resolve for you...

God Bless you both.

Hope you are able to put this away for the next few days and enjoy the holidays together!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

Update for those who've requested one:

Today was Lynette's 2nd (of 30) radiations. It takes about 20 minutes each time and she is doing pretty well... Only headaches to report which are manageable with Tylenol......

She does seem to have some gaps in her memory, which may or may not return.... She gets cold easily.....

Thanks, y'all.....

D

Django said:
Update for those who've requested one:

Today was Lynette's 2nd (of 30) radiations. It takes about 20 minutes each time and she is doing pretty well... Only headaches to report which are manageable with Tylenol......

She does seem to have some gaps in her memory, which may or may not return.... She gets cold easily.....

Thanks, y'all.....

D

thanks Tim for the update... just keep faith.. both. Wishes from over the pond :rock:

it's all good tim....give her a hug and kiss from us....

"He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he." Proverbs 16:20 KJV

viperhauler said:
it's all good tim....give her a hug and kiss from us....

"He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he." Proverbs 16:20 KJV

Will do, Dan....... and thanks....

Begood said:
Thank you Tim, we hope she gets through this quickly.

Bill.

Thanks, Billy...... one day at a time.

belgiumbarry said:
thanks Tim for the update... just keep faith.. both. Wishes from over the pond :rock:

Thank You, Norbert....Thank you very much....:rock:

walenator said:
You both have my prayers. I wish you a speedy recovery Lynette!

Thanks for keeping in touch, Walter......

All of your prayers are deeply coveted...... everybody....

Life is full of surprises and challenges....

I never saw this coming........... I knew something was.. I felt it.... But, never imagined.:dontknow:

Thanks to you all...

D

Thanks for the update Tim...

Thoughts and Prayers from us over here....:love:

Stefan...:coffee:

Tim, you and Lynette have been through a lot, but your faith will get you through. May God continue to bless you both.

outnumbered said:
Tim, you and Lynette have been through a lot, but your faith will get you through. May God continue to bless you both.

My bro, Ron....:D

It's been challenging, no doubt about it.... But, there's no other choice but to keep walking and confronting whatevers around the next corner....

Life used to be easy..... for 20 years everything seemed like it just happened for me.... My talents and mojo all worked like a charm.... Guess I got a bit spoiled....

God willing, I'll find our way through this..... thanks to you Ron... and everyone who's been there for us in spirit....

Thanks for the love...:rock:

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back