Valet tune? Or Lemon?

Mine has been slow for a long time now.

Replaced plugs and wires and installed demon coils... no change
Cleaned out intake manifold...no change
Cleaned injectors... no change
Built a true CAI....no change
Bought a JTSVP TB.... no change, except have a surging idle now (still)
Bought new TPS and IAC.... no change...
Installed B&B long tube headers... with high flow cats.... a little improvement.

I don't know what else it could be other then maybe the engine is just tired.

My truck feels like its 50-75hp low.
Most QC's feel that way :D. Did you happen to start noticing it when you got the Viper? If so, I think I know the problem. Let me come get the car (I'll have to take the seat out, but I'll keep all the bolts for ya) and your truck will start to feel fast again in no time.

Most QC's feel that way :D. Did you happen to start noticing it when you got the Viper? If so, I think I know the problem. Let me come get the car (I'll have to take the seat out, but I'll keep all the bolts for ya) and your truck will start to feel fast again in no time.

No. This is about the last 18 months or so. When I first put in the 6-speed it was much faster then, the power seemed to slowly degrade over time.

I'm going to have the Dodge dealer do a compression check.

No. This is about the last 18 months or so. When I first put in the 6-speed it was much faster then, the power seemed to slowly degrade over time.

I'm going to have the Dodge dealer do a compression check.

I know there has to be some Viper shops in FL. I'd avoid the dealer, they're going to tell you that you need a engine. :D

I know there has to be some Viper shops in FL. I'd avoid the dealer, they're going to tell you that you need a engine. :D

Nah. I know the Viper tech there. I've got a pretty good relationship with them.

It was the throttle positioning sensor! Going to do a tune up this weekend. What plugs are guys running? Anyone running the E3s?

It was the throttle positioning sensor! Going to do a tune up this weekend. What plugs are guys running? Anyone running the E3s?

Thought about it, then I bought Champion plugs.
Put them in my 4.0L TJ Wrangler. Seemed to idle smoother but that's about it.

What about the other Champion spark plugs, Iridium, Platnium. Anyone have those? Any difference ?

What gap for the spark plugs do I use for a stock 10?

Last edited:
Stick with the stock Champions. No need to use anything else. 0.035 gap.

well Jeff took down the link to the manuals from here so glad i finally figured out how to down load everything before that happened

there are some advertised on disk on ebay but i don't know the quality

I didn't take down the links, there still good as they are hosted by someone else. I'm just removing time waste from my life.... Ie the forum

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back