Vehicle-Locate Tracking

Yea i plan on asking more about it on Friday when i pick her up, I'll let you know if i find anything out.

I'm starting to wonder if it is an option at all or just some kind of code that the factory uses in order to track when/where the vehicle goes into service. Sanchoba's post got me thinking along those lines.

4VL In-System-Vehicle-Locate Tracking

Mine also has this. But no:

4XV-distribution tracking

There is a 594S Vehicle Order Tracking

Last edited:
My YF regular cab does not have this code on the build sheet. But it does have 4HW: Pre-spec Vehicle Order Tracking, 594S: Vehicle Order Tracking, 599: Production Trial Run. Build date:Sept 29, 2004. My Qc has the 4VLD code. Build date of June 7, 2005. It also has the 594S code. My guess it is some kind of production tracking code.

My uneducated guess is, it's a code that the manufacturer uses to appoint a specially ordered vehicle.

Dealers special order vehicles to put on their lots just like consumers special order vehicles to put in their driveway. My assumption is that the trucks with that code were specifically ordered instead of run-of-the-mill.

Roz-SRT said:
My uneducated guess is, it's a code that the manufacturer uses to appoint a specially ordered vehicle.

Dealers special order vehicles to put on their lots just like consumers special order vehicles to put in their driveway. My assumption is that the trucks with that code were specifically ordered instead of run-of-the-mill.

That actually seems like a good possibility, since this truck came with every available option from the factory. May have been ordered to show in the show room.

Stnu said:
That actually seems like a good possibility, since this truck came with every available option from the factory. May have been ordered to show in the show room.
Or the owner of the dealership, hence it was a "corporate" vehicle ;)

GADodgetech said:
Or the owner of the dealership, hence it was a "corporate" vehicle ;)

Carfax said only 1 registered owner, although i know when we were buying a durango back in 99 they tried to sell us the owners durango that he used for himself as a personal vehicle. But just put a dealer plate on it and never registered it, so who knows.

I believe that most trucks built at the end of the '05 production yr had most options as the manufacturer was using up inventory. My late production qc has every option while my early rc is a little more sparse.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back