Venom Power's PCB Catastrophe Special Thanks Thread

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As many of you know we were on our way to the track Friday morning running good and hard. I recall slapping her down in 4th on the freeway to catch up with Stinky. He had the lead. When I went into 5th it seemed hard to go into gear. Then the grinding noise stated. I put her into 6th and the noise changed. I immediately pulled over on the shoulder for a little while. I put her into 1st and accelerated. She did good until 3rd which is where the shifter would jump out. 4th gear was sweet and quiet. So we continued on a few more miles to the track. Upon arriving I find Reverse is out. No biggie. I just didn’t run her on the track so she sat there cooling down.
PCB2010035.jpg

By the time we were ready to leave for the day she started up and drove with no noise. As soon as we hit the freeway, me taking ease and care along the way, she began again with the noise in 5th and 6th. Soon that noise turned to smoke and an awful smell of burning rubber and gear oil. When smoke began to seep into the cab through the shifter console, yeah, it was time to stop. Many of the other members stopped as well. By the time Stinky turned around and got back to me it was about an hour and a half. The tranny was still too hot to touch. Viperhauler even burned his hand on the shifter. No good. She’s likely got a bad bearing or completely toast, we won’t know until she’s torn down and inspected. She’s never beat on so I am stunned. But it appears there was a leak that would occur only when she’s running and likely finally drained the tranny while se was running.

Thanks to a combined effort of people.. People that don’t even know me well, coming together and getting her off the interstate and ultimately back to Houston…. Man a damn tear runs down my cheek to think of it. I really, really appreciate all of the concern of the members that stopped and for not wanting to go to the Moonspinner without me: Psycho Mythic, IronHead, FatJack, Mark Griffen, eddie, Wesalbert, etc. Tony (Stinky) had to MAKE these members and many more go back to the Moonspinner although they didn’t want to leave us. But it was too dangerous out there for so many people. VenomPower’s +1 (Heather) never wanted to leave but I encouraged and forced her to go and be safe no matter how against it she was. Now here’s where I get choked up. I felt compelled to come and place this thread up. I’m not looking for replies, just wanna say what I have to. As a matter of fact I hope the mediators lock this thread.

I want to personally thank Stinky (Tony) for turning around after already driving an hour and a half to come back to my aide. He came back, took charge and made things happen, then brought ME back to the Moonspinner.

I want to personally thank Viperhauler (Dan) for remaining behind and getting into the mix to get her shifter console dismantled to investigate and bumper dismantled so she could make it up onto the trailer. Thanks to Dan 1900 temporarily has a couple screws loose just like he does. LOL…

I want to personally thank Santeen (Stephen) for also remaining without giving a damn what Tony said about his leaving for safety reasons. Thank God we didn't need your AMEX afterall bro.

I want to personally thank BadRC (Dave) for remaining there and even making his lovely lady stay amongst the wacky wolfpack on the side of that dark creepy road.

I want to personally thank Steve BORDEN for taking my lady Heather back for me. Brother, I KNOW you didn’t want to leave but you did me a tremendous favor getting her back so that she could warm up the brisket and ribs for those that wanted to eat.

I want to thank Todd Labontecsi for carrying on the tradition by remaining back with us just like old times when he, Stinky and I stayed back and waited the two hours for help to arrive for the stranded Brutal 10 to get off the side of the road in 2008.

You guys didn’t have to stay and be uncomfortable for me, but damn yall sure did and I can’t get over it. I KNOW pushing her up onto that trailer wasn’t easy.

I want to personally thank eddie, FatJack and Mark Griffen for your incredible offers, and you all know what I’m talking about so I won’t have to repeat it. When the time comes you all will know since you all will be kept in the loop. Now THAT is what friends do.

I want to personally thank IronHead (James) for making your offer to help me with what you have. Again, no need to repeat but you’re definitely appreciated bro. This isn’t the first time you’ve come through for me buddy.

I want to also thank Outnumbered (Rob) for making that run for me to get big Dave his parts when I know you were upset about that parking lot mishap. God bless you bro, it was an honor meeting you.

I want to personally thank VenomPower’s +1 (Heather) for putting up with the unanticipated mess, with my cooking, worrying and whining I was doing and for sticking by me all the way to the end of the trip. “I love you baby,†and everyone must know it.

Last but MOST CERTAINLY NOT LEAST!!!!! I want to give a very special shout out to them good old boys from Houma Louisiana. Getsum (Bob), and Gunu. These guys only met me Wednesday morning, spent most of their time with their families in PCB, yet Getsum stepped up and drove all the way back from the Moonspinner, (two hours) with cyalata (Chris) to come get me off the interstate that night. Getsum then trailered #1900 all the way back to the Moonspinner as tired as he was. THEN, if that wasn’t enough, Getsum (Bob) kindly offered to let me drive his work truck with #1900 trailered on the back all the way back to the Mississippi/Louisiana state line where Getsum and Gunu waited with me for my uncle to come from New Caney, TX and hook up to Getsum’s trailer. Getsum let me, a total stranger, take his trailer with me to Houston get her all the way home. That kept her from having to be transferred from trailer to trailer or to be left somewhere out of state.

PCB2010063.jpg

PCB2010064.jpg

Now this is the epitome of the VTCoA spirit. Bob, I know you said you won’t need your trailer back right away but brother I can’t believe you drove your 10 back for me when I know that’s not what you wanted to do initially. I thank you, I thank your lovely wife. Your truck is way to purdy to drive that far. Words simply fail when I try to tell you how you made me feel yesterday. I wouldn’t know how to repay you.

As for everyone else that showed up and showed that VTCoA love, I want to thank you all, the entire GTG group for a wonderful time. I know I wasn’t all with it for this GTG, but as you all know I had a lot going on and I just wanted to make sure everyone was fed and happy. I can’t wait for the next one next year. But I don’t want another “Worst Vehicle Catastrophe†award.

IMG00748-20100607-1245.jpg

IMG00750-20100607-1246.jpg

IMG00749-20100607-1246.jpg

Ants in love! hahahahahahahahahaha! hope all is well and maybe one day i can see the truck go down a track.

Ant-Nee your family bro and you'd be the first to offfer whatever you have if anyone needed it. no thanks needed here, we got yer back.

sometimes anthony we slowly forget how good friendships are,

but bo, some are forever, and that is jsut the way friends are, they take care of each other when needed.

and I think we all made some great new friends this year, and Bob and his family are def some great new friends:rock:

WOW, glad everybody came together and took care of you bro:rock: Good luck with the trans.... I know, it sucks.

well....

he's the only black guy with a 10 that was down there......

and it would look like a hate crime if we didn't do something.......

:aetsch: :aetsch:

i'll call ya when i get home...i wanna play:D

Amen brothers and to have a family as big as we have is not repaceable like a tranny in a 10! Good luck man, and she still looks beautiful, even on the trailer.:rock:

Sorry to hear about your Truck Venom Power... The VTCOA Family coming together again show's me that humanity really does have a chance.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: Signed the pessimist from hell.

Last edited:
No need for a thank you bud its jus what familys do! Hope all goes well with the tranny build

yeah....sorry to hear ant-nee, but what a great and heartwarming story:rock: VTCOA!

toolbox9.5 said:
well....

slap dick antnee aint black ,,,he is a
Caribbean island vodoo warrior that is going to put some wicked shit on you now :D

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
Caribbean island vodoo warrior that is going to put some wicked shit on you now :D

Baaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwhhahahahahahhahahahahhahaaahhahahahahah

HAHAHAHAHHAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

toolbox9.5 said:
well....

That's some funny shit right there. Now STFU!!!.
Ant, there wasnt anyway we were gonna leave u. And I know the few that Tony sent away, didnt want to. And if Tony would have sent one more of us back, there would have been no way we would have got #1900 up on that trailer. That bitch was heavy!!:D
And you best believe the AMEX would have been there for ya, if u would have needed it.

Ironhead said:

Now THAT is damn halarious.. LOLOLOLOLOLOL:laugh:

Way to go!

GOOD JOB looking out for a brother guys! Makes me proud to be a member. Hope to make it down next year.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back