Venom Series shifters

Status
Not open for further replies.
*rubbing hands* "Good things come to those who wait." At least that's how the saying goes and..... well :)I'm sure it applies here. I decided to pick mine up in Panama City for the sole purpose of having it hand presented to me personally by :rock:"THE STINK MAN." I could just envision it now. Black gloss powdercoat and a chrome shifter ball sitting on top. It's gonna serve as a nice proud looking center-piece in the cab. I don't know what sequence number it'll be, but that's gonna be a surprise too.:D

u will most deff be happy with ur choice man, they are sick.

I want mine autographed by Stinker.. :argh:Ya hear that Tony? I have to get a permanent marker for you to sign the base.

I want mine autographed by Stinker.. :argh:Ya hear that Tony? I have to get a permanent marker for you to sign the base.

yeah u can sign mine too. it can say "best of luck on that 05 truck of urs" bbbwwwwahahahhahahhahah.

well, we might have to shorten it up, but u get the picture. LMAO, heehehe, love u:p

shifter comparison

Since I have bought and used an OEM shifter, X metal first generation shifter, X metal last generation shifter and a JTSVP shifter, I thought I would take some pics side by side for comparison. I also weighed them all. The JTSVP shifter weighed 1/2 pound more than all of the others.

The X metal first generation shifted better than than the OEM, but it was very, very noisy transmitting a lot of harmonic transmission noise through the aluminum handle into the cab.

The X metal last generation was a big improvement on noise reduction over the first generation, and also shifted very well with the upgraded internals added by Boomer. He used some pretty beefy springs to try to get the shifter to center on third gear which it did pretty well.

The JTSVP shifter is by far the most substantial shifter by weight. This alone decreases the harmonic transfer of transmission noise into the cab. The extra weight combined with using a steel shifter shaft (rather than aluminum) is what makes it very quiet. The set screws to adjust shift tightness and centering over third is also a big improvement over anything I have seen on the market. Stinker also nailed the exact curvature of the OEM handle stem coming out of the shifter. It is also an attractive shifter with a great deal of attention to every detail. I used the lowest setting and it centers over third perfectly with a very short throw from second to third. Adjusted properly this thing wants to go into third from second.

Currently, the JTSVP shifter is selling for 1/2 of what I paid for each of the X metal shifters. This thing is an absolute steal at this price. Well done Tony.:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Attachments

• IMG00391.jpg
    IMG00391.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG00392.jpg
    IMG00392.jpg
    676.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG00393.jpg
    IMG00393.jpg
    597.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG00394.jpg
    IMG00394.jpg
    649.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG00395.jpg
    IMG00395.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG00396.jpg
    IMG00396.jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG00397.jpg
    IMG00397.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG00398.jpg
    IMG00398.jpg
    573.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG00400.jpg
    IMG00400.jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG00401.jpg
    IMG00401.jpg
    698 KB · Views: 104
nice:rock:, i was hoping someone with multiple shifters would chime in and do some sort of analysis with allof them.

just goes to show how someone with the knowledge of the vehicles tied together with the pure love for these beasts just end up being the best all around.

Iv said it before and ill say it again. we are all lucky to have a guy like stink:rock:

nice:rock:, i was hoping someone with multiple shifters would chime in and do some sort of analysis with allof them.

just goes to show how someone with the knowledge of the vehicles tied together with the pure love for these beasts just end up being the best all around.

Iv said it before and ill say it again. we are all lucky to have a guy like stink:rock:
you need a cloth ,,,you still got some on your chin ,,hahahahaha:aetsch:

Guys this is a must have mod at a fantastic price.....run to get one before the price increase you will be very happy you did :)

Installed #19 into Peggy's #19 CE and all I can say is: Back, Back, Back, Back... It's Out of Here...... Bases Loaded, Home Run for Tony Sawyer !!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

I Totally Agree, this has GOT to be at the Top of the List for ALL RC Owners :rock:

thanks for the kudos guys like everything we try to do our best for ya, alot more sweet items comming,

but yes these we basically gave away so some guys could really get some shifting done

and they really hit the third gear so easy its greasy:D

After reading all the posts in this thread I wish I still had my truck just to try out this shifter.......may get one for my recliner...;)..................sounds like you hit a home run Tony...congrats..:rock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back