Verizon Wireless: Lets tell them we want our unlimited data plan back...

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only July 7, Verizon Wireless did away with the unlimited data plans, so this petition was created to send their executives a message that we want it back.. I signed it myself... and felt that anyone who uses Verizon would like to have their unlimited data back as well, the goal is to reach 50,000 signatures.

You can view this petition at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/VZW-Unlimted-Data/

Feel free to cross post this or forward to any of your friends who are Verizon Customers, or who are thinking of becoming customers of them...

-----

Last edited:
Do you think the executives would have made the decision if they didn't think it was profitable. Trend analysis, macroeconomics, quarterly profit index, etc etc. 50k users whom less than 5 % would be negatively impacted by the change and as a result, their opinions wouldn't matter to Verizon. And less than 10 % of those would change their carrier because of the change. And of those that do maybe more than 50% of those would have to pay early termination to change. Verizon won't give a darn. I'm sure if you ran the account analysis tool on verizonwireless.com you might see this doesn't effect you either. You may see that you can use a plan on a lower tier cheaper anyway. Additionally Verizon still includes an unlimited data plan.

Thread fail but good luck on your quest of righteousness..

Last edited by a moderator:
First out, you can quell the language... this is a friendly discussion.

I did not ask for you to vote on my thread, or its "thread worthiness". That is why its in the off topic.

Yes, if you actually read the petition, it mentions what you talk about... but what is to say that wont mess with us in the future... just like they took away our new every 2 program.

Who cares of they pay attention to us or not... at least someone is trying and not just sitting their letting big corporations stuff it sideways without Vaseline up their behind...

Do you think the executives would have made the decision if they didn't think it was profitable. Trend analysis, macroeconomics, quarterly profit index, etc etc. 50k users whom less than 5 % would be negatively impacted by the change and as a result, their opinions wouldn't matter to Verizon. And less than 10 % of those would change their carrier because of the change. And of those that do maybe more than 50% of those would have to pay early termination to change. Verizon won't give a ****. I'm sure if you ran the account analysis tool on verizonwireless.com you might see this doesn't effect you either. You may see that you can use a plan on a lower tier cheaper anyway. Additionally Verizon still includes an unlimited data plan.

Thread fail but good luck on your quest of righteousness..

Sorry got 6 beers in me... After breaking a spark plug wire. A little short tempered. I just saw futility in people getting emotionally involved and putting time and effort in trying to change what they cannot. New phone with an additional 2 year contract with the 2 year contract price has not changed.

Verizon gave me a new storm two out of warranty and I never had insurance on it. They then sent a new battery free of charge. And when my wifes phone crashed while I was in Iraq they allowed her to upgrade 6 months early so we could talk. They did this at 2 year contract price with no activation fee and gave her a free car charger, screen protector and rubber cover. She got the droid of her choice.

I checked my account last month and saw I was using data at a lower tier and that I didn't need unlimited. I changed it online in 2 minutes and saved $20 a month.

Apology accepted. :rock:

What make me angry with them was I have been a customer for 11 years with them... have 4 lines, and was going to upgrade a line 3 (already have 2 data plans) to data... I emailed them on June 25 and the confirmed that this was not going to happen, and then when I went to convert that line over they refused to honor their email to me....

Heck.. I am already paying them $240 month for 4 lines, 2 with data... and 2000 minutes of shared time.

Sorry got 6 beers in me... After breaking a spark plug wire. A little short tempered. I just saw futility in people getting emotionally involved and putting time and effort in trying to change what they cannot. New phone with an additional 2 year contract with the 2 year contract price has not changed.

Verizon gave me a new storm two out of warranty and I never had insurance on it. They then sent a new battery free of charge. And when my wifes phone crashed while I was in Iraq they allowed her to upgrade 6 months early so we could talk. They did this at 2 year contract price with no activation fee and gave her a free car charger, screen protector and rubber cover. She got the droid of her choice.

I checked my account last month and saw I was using data at a lower tier and that I didn't need unlimited. I changed it online in 2 minutes and saved $20 a month.

You can make any line a data line for $29.99 a month. Or pay by the Mgb. Upgrade a flip phone to a smart phone... Is that what you are trying to do?

You can make any line a data line for $29.99 a month. Or pay by the Mgb. Upgrade a flip phone to a smart phone... Is that what you are trying to do?

Correct.. but the $29.99 only includes 2GB of data... when it used to be $29.99 for unlimited... now its

$29.99 for 2gb
$50.00 for 5gb
$80.00 for 10gb

I have AT&T and I've been with them for over 10 years... I have a total of 6 lines and pay around $400/ month...

I have everythig you can want with unlimited texting and nationwide calling and international on one line...

When the data plans changed for us, I was hesitant to get rid of unlimited data, but when I actually ran the numbers it was a pretty good savings... I still have unltd on my primary line but all the rest just don't need it... I think it was a good move, personally...

I think AT&T's data rates are $10, 15, and 25, but the old unltd rate was 30... Then you can have a tethering data line for $35 now...

And I have all iPhones and one blackjack so all phones have to have a data plan...

Yeah... I like those prices... from AT&T...

But what Verizon did was offer no savings what soever..

So what you used to get unlimited for you now only get 2gb..for...

They should have offered plans like AT&T...

man, every time i even just sort of thinkin bout gettin a cell/smart phone, i hear/see stuff like this.

dropped calls, loosein the phone & all info in it. the frustration & monies to get another

240, 400, & up on just phone charges. i can't see & don't understand. don't make no sense. just to talk.

hell its just been oever 10 years that i got an answerin machine

guess i will keep my $30 a month land line & order pizza every now & then

First out, you can quell the language... this is a friendly discussion.

I did not ask for you to vote on my thread, or its "thread worthiness". That is why its in the off topic.

Yes, if you actually read the petition, it mentions what you talk about... but what is to say that wont mess with us in the future... just like they took away our new every 2 program.

Who cares of they pay attention to us or not... at least someone is trying and not just sitting their letting big corporations stuff it sideways without Vaseline up their behind...

I fully agree:rock::rock::rock::rock: , If people just keep on sitting back and do nothing, then people will keep getting walked on and controlled by the big greedy @$#%#$. America was made by people that had a pair, Not the complacent twits that sit back and take it up the @$$ in today's world!

man, every time i even just sort of thinkin bout gettin a cell/smart phone, i hear/see stuff like this.

dropped calls, loosein the phone & all info in it. the frustration & monies to get another

240, 400, & up on just phone charges. i can't see & don't understand. don't make no sense. just to talk.

hell its just been oever 10 years that i got an answerin machine

guess i will keep my $30 a month land line & order pizza every now & then

:rock::rock::rock: .... I did eliminate my landline and use my cell at the basic minimum. I get a 18% discount and pay less than 40 dollars a month.

Last edited:
At&T service here sucks. I am on verizon and they have always been good to me. What I did with my land line is I bought a voip called Ooma for a one time payment of $200 and I don't have to pay another cent but $3 in taxes a month and I get long distance, call waiting, caller id, and so on. Of course you have to have high speed internet too, but I already had that. Sorry to highjack the thread with this.

At&T service here sucks. I am on verizon and they have always been good to me. What I did with my land line is I bought a voip called Ooma for a one time payment of $200 and I don't have to pay another cent but $3 in taxes a month and I get long distance, call waiting, caller id, and so on. Of course you have to have high speed internet too, but I already had that. Sorry to highjack the thread with this.

Interesting and a possible good option for a landline Shaggy:rock::rock:

Interesting and a possible good option for a landline Shaggy:rock::rock:

heard tell from a few folks, that a landline is a plus on buyin a house?:dontknow:

while i admit, it's a lot of money per month... however i don't have to have all the options... i choose to... i have a landline but only for a fax machine...

you can get standard cell service for pretty cheap, in the big scheme of things... but if you want the accessibility to basically everything that's on your home computer, banking, email, directions, and who knows what else... you gotta pay... and that's with any carrier...

its just amazin to me is all.

i'm not much of a talker any way, hate any kind of phone.

don't see the big deal of it

Verizon all the way..... they really do have the best coverage.... Iv'e been to quite a few "in the middle of nowhere" places thanks to the Army and people with verizon always seem to have the best coverage. Matter of fact my girl has gotten sick of AT&T but just loves the iphone. Now that verizon has the iphone she's wanting to switch soon as her contract is up

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back