Vets Roll Call

What Branch of the Service were/are you in?

• Total voters
devildog said:
USMC 1972 - 1992
Captain (LDO)
Parris Island SC; Camp Lejeune, NC; Camp Foster, Okinawa; Quantico, VA; Kaneohe Bay, HI; Kansas City, MO

Hey Fred,

I am in T-Ville right now! I will be here until Friday afternoon. Would love to see your truck!:rock:

I didn't bring mine up though...:(

Scott

KRAZYSRT10 said:
I did 2 med cruises on the GW myself!:rock::rock::rock:

2000 Med Cruise and 2002 Med Cruise...also spent some time in New York Harbor on the GW as well....did it with HS-15!:D

Some of the most important years of my life...:dontknow::rock::)
On her maiden voyage we had a mogas fire and they actually had to jettison the mogas spawnson. Very interesting night that night during GQ...

Loved the ship... I would still be in the Navy if it weren't for me wanting to see my kid grow up :(

amtrucker22 said:
Nope... I was on her maiden voyage in 1994 and then in 1996. Favorite memory of these cruises was going through the Suez Canal. It was truly amazing how they can get this big of a ship through that canal! :rock:

Yep...I was Teeing off the Flight Deck when we were going thru it....Awesome site...

amtrucker22 said:
On her maiden voyage we had a mogas fire and they actually had to jettison the mogas spawnson. Very interesting night that night during GQ...

Loved the ship... I would still be in the Navy if it weren't for me wanting to see my kid grow up :(

The infamous fire...You know that the ship's aft outer bulkhead are still warped from that fire?....

USN 1958-1961 Coronado Amphibious base 7.3 Head Quarters support Unit, Assualt boat coxswain school, USS George MacKenzie DD-836 First tin can to win Gold E in the Pacific Home port Yokosuka Japan.

jrgnd said:
The infamous fire...You know that the ship's aft outer bulkhead are still warped from that fire?....
I remember thinking that the Hazmat locker and that the PR's load the ejection seats back there. Was waiting for the worst to happen.

MR ED's SRT10 said:
USN 1958-1961 Coronado Amphibious base 7.3 Head Quarters support Unit, Assualt boat coxswain school, USS George MacKenzie DD-836 First tin can to win Gold E in the Pacific Home port Yokosuka Japan.
My Dad was on a Destroyer in the 50's, but it was a little earlier than 58. He was on the USS Willard Keith. Last year for xmas I found a cool Willard Keith zippo for him.

Navy Baby!!!
Former PH1 (AW)- That's a Photographers Mate (E-6)
Boot camp 1992
USS Saratoga 1993-1994 Deployed to the MED
USS JFK 1994-1998 Deployed to the Gulf
NAS Jax 1998-2001
OCS/Flight School 2001-2002
HC-2 (H-3 Pilot) 2002-2006 Deployed to the Gulf (Bahrain) and to Italy.
HT-8/HT-28 2006-present Flight instructor for advance helicopter school.

OCBob said:
I know that we have a bunch of vets on this board, as well as those serving now. So I thought it would be cool to find out how many we have and how they have served. Years, branch, mos, duty stations, anything of interest I guess.

I am hoping that we can keep this thread clean, thanks in advance.

USMC
1980-1984
Infantry - 81 mm mortars
4th Marines and 6th Marines
Parris Island-Okinawa-LeJeune-Beirut-NATO float-Wespac float-carrib float-Panama
USMC
1986-1992
okinowa, 2 westpac's,camp pendleton, 29 palms
2nd btln 11th marines
field radio operator/COMM fdc
198mm artillery
"YOU YELL_WE SHELL"

Army 1997-Current
AH-64D Instructor Pilot
101st Airborne Division
Been a few places........

That was gross ;)

USAF 1978-1995 (Single parent, took the early retirement)
Crew Chief C141A-B heavy cargo aircraft.
Best damn plane ever made.
Jim Jones airlift.
Panama invasion.
First Gulf War. Decorated
Lots more!

ntw0rk said:
Hey Fred,

I am in T-Ville right now! I will be here until Friday afternoon. Would love to see your truck!:rock:

I didn't bring mine up though...:(

Scott

Scott,

Call me...I work from home and I'm here most of the time! 229-221-3399

wo1sjb said:
I'm proof they can teach monkey's to fly.......;)

What do you guys call Vortex ring state? Settling with power or power settling?

What do you call it when power required exceeds power available?

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back