"VIPER" RAM SRT-10 Build 2014

Discussion in 'Viper Truck Builds - Project Logs/Recent Mods' started by ejholt, Jun 28, 2014.

1. ejholt

ejholt Full Access Member

Here are some more recent pictures. Working through finally assembly. Tonneau Cover and new Spoiler are forthcoming.

Attached Files:

2. 10-1=9

10-1=9 Full Access Member

Your 10 is certenlty coming along nicely. The striped hood looks a little strange. I'm sure that once the grill is on it will pull it all together.
    What kind of battery & terminal hook up are you running?
    What do you have going on with the 3 gauge A pillar?

You did a few things like the previous owner of my truck. It has a suede headliner & sun visors. All the gack color upper interior trim panels were painted the match the dash. The stock door trim was removed. Then he moved the Viper Powered medallions to the doors instead of the hood. Mine are up a little higher though.

3. Northern_SRT

Northern_SRT Full Access Member

Your truck is insane , just wow

4. VPRPWRD

VPRPWRD VTCoA Ring Leader Supporting Member

this will be one of the nicest 10s when it is completed. TOTM material for sure.

5. stealth78

stealth78 Full Access Member

Absolutely amazing!

6. NukeGM/Ford

NukeGM/Ford Active Member

You said that the wheels are custom, did I miss who made them

7. ejholt

Appreciate the feedback. Been 2 years in the making. A LOT longer then what I had expected......

I'm running 5 - XS Power D3100 Batteries. 1 up front and 4 in the back. Each battery is good for 5,000 watts.

The Terminals are CNF Distribution: CNF Distribution Home page

All the power & ground wiring is 0 gauge - Kolossus Fleks Kable.

I had everything that was cream colored in the interior covered in Alcantara. In addition, the entire inside of the bed will also be covered in Alcantara as part of the new audio build. You can see some of the pics in previous posts. All the pieces are complete, just need to piece it all together, once the paint is compete.

All the trim pieces (radio bezel, dash trim, door trim, dome lights, power seat controls, etc.) - I had custom carbon fiber pieces built.

The 3 gauges are: 1) Oil Temp, 2) Boost, and 3) Air/Fuel Ratio.

Covering both the A-Pillars was a pain. There was no way for a truly seamless covering with the Alcantara. I actually had the guy who did the interior do it a couple of times, as it just didn't look right. When your sitting in the truck, you can't see any of the seams and you need to look right at them up close to notice. Just 1 of those things that there wasn't a good fix for........

All the Viper Powered decals were airbrushed back on the doors and rear tailgate. It now reads "Viper Procharged". Not going to put anything on the hood. My Viper Head Emblems will go back on the hood and rear tailgate where the Ram Head were located from factory. That was 1 of the 1st mods I did was replacing those 10 years ago when I purchased the truck. Those had to all be bent to fit just right.

8. ejholt

The wheels are factory. I had them sent away to Detroit Wheel Company who are the folks Chrysler uses to have all their SRT wheels Black Chromed. They use a process called PVD Black Chrome. You see their wheels mostly on the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRTs as an option from the factory.

I had all the exterior chrome (door handles, fuel door, gas cap, tailgate lift handle, exhaust rings, rear license plate frame, etc.) all covered in PVD Black Chrome to match the wheels. I also had the custom stick shift covered as well. There is about 2 dozen pieces that were all done, so everything matches.

Plus all the bolts, door hinges, locks, etc. were all done as well in addition when the truck has been painted. FCR wanted to add that level of detail, so there are no black bolts or copper hinges or locks.

Attached Files:

9. ejholt

Thank You! The folks (FCR in Boston) doing the paint haven't lost a paint competition in 10 years and work closely with HOK. They want to use the SRT as their lead vehicle in 2016 and have it premier at the World of Wheels in Boston the 1st weekend in April. HOK wants to put it in their 2017 Calendar and I know a few of the magazines (Truckin', Hot Rod, etc.) were sent pics from FCR and they are interested in looking at the SRT when complete for featured articles / potential cover. FCR has also lined up a Pro Photo Shoot when it is all put back together in the coming weeks.

Not what my intention was when I started this project, so I'm just going with the flow. I just want to drive it. :)

10. stealth78

Where in ME are you from? I would love to see this truck in person when it's done!

11. 6speedquadcab

6speedquadcab NorCal SF Bay Area Supporting Member

American Beauty.

12. 505'sFastestViper.

505'sFastestViper. Full Access Member

Looks awesome. I guess I'm partial to the factory hood.
    Everything else in my very humble opinion looks amazing!!!

13. ejholt

I live on China Lake. It's about 30 mins from Augusta. The truck is actually in Boston at FCR. That is probably closer for you. Assuming it gets done in time it will be on display at the World of Wheels in Boston on April 1.

I've got a new sub box that needs to be built. Door and Dash Pods for the new speakers and then finally assembly of the rack system in the bed.

14. ejholt

FCR was thinking the something with the hood, but after they got this new one painted and installed, it really came to life. I've got a Gaylord Tonneau Cover and Daytona Spoiler going on.

Between the aggressive exterior, paint, audio system, and of course that SuperCharged Motor, it really creates a unique package that I'm quite proud of and the enormous amount of hours and talent that went into this build.

15. stealth78

Ya that's not exactly around the corner from me. It takes me about 2 hours just to get to my cousins house in Berwick. Hopefully I get a chance to see it and meet you at the World of Wheels!

16. ejholt

We are getting close.

Attached Files:

17. fastestbrickonearth

fastestbrickonearth Full Access Member

Great looking truck

18. NukeGM/Ford

NukeGM/Ford Active Member

did you have to modify the wing to get it to fit on the bed cover?? mine seems a touch too wide

19. ejholt

20. stealth78

I'm actually hesitant to ask this as I do not want to offend you. I also realize everyone has their own opinion... Why a Daytona wing???? Factory wing, wingless, or the lip style wing that Bad Snake used all look awesome. I don't understand why you would want to install a wing that is representative of a lesser model, Hell the Daytona package was really a joke. I think those wings are overkill and everything else you have done is so tasteful and looks amazing.... Sorry, I truly don't mean to sound offensive. Other than that I absolutely love your truck! Congratulations on the build!!!