Viper Truck Registry

Registry pages started going up today, if I missed yours, let me know
Jeff

Hey Jeff -
I just bought two of the Registry stickers, one for me and one for my son. Thanks.

Cool, I'll get them on the order

And again, I would like to thank Tony for making this all happen ;)

OH....

And I should not forget "The Man" JimTeTe, for doing a bunch of leg work for me

Thanks Jim

Jeff

I've been updating the Registry. Trying to get all the sig plaques done and people in the correct state....

Hopefully I can get caught up today

VJ

Cool, got it

It will go out tonight

Found this on Craigslist if anyone looking,
Dealer Name: Boutique Autos.com
VIN: 3D3HA16H95G732978
Stock Number: 732978
Year: 2005
Make: Dodge
Model: Ram
Series: 1500 2WD SRT-10 SHORT BED
Body: Conventional Cab
Engine: 8.3L V10 SFI
Transmission: 6 Spd Manual
Miles: 30,920
Price: $21,966
Ext.Color: Black
Int.Color: Black

ViperJeff said:
I've been updating the Registry. Trying to get all the sig plaques done and people in the correct state....

Hopefully I can get caught up today

VJ
I got mine in the mail today, Thanks Jeff.

JRSVIPR said:
I got mine in the mail today, Thanks Jeff.

Hopefully they are satisfactory :eek:

Jeff

madmanadam said:
Found this on Craigslist if anyone looking,
Dealer Name: Boutique Autos.com
VIN: 3D3HA16H95G732978
Stock Number: 732978
Year: 2005
Make: Dodge
Model: Ram
Series: 1500 2WD SRT-10 SHORT BED
Body: Conventional Cab
Engine: 8.3L V10 SFI
Transmission: 6 Spd Manual
Miles: 30,920
Price: $21,966
Ext.Color: Black
Int.Color: Black

ccfeyh
VTR-0061
and
VTR-2005-0032

Picture of the Door Sticker - Verified
Picture of the Truck - Received
Screen Name - ccfeyh
Location - CA

Lots of changes in the past few days...

I think I have all the Registry pages up and I will be starting to work on 10's that I've found for sale that I have VIN's and Door stickers for.

So if you want a low registry number, let me know quickly cuz they may all be gone by this weekend

VJ

OK, so I come in to answer a few PM's I got and one directed me here....

My thoughts on the Registry....

I came to this site originally in 2006 and very much enjoyed learning about the RAM SRT-10. When I joined, I had, had my truck for about 9 months or so. The was lots of talk about mods, gtg's, regional clubs, you name it, all of which included the fun and enjoyment that comes along with ho-ing. Some of it respectful and some, not so much.

Along with all this there was the excitement of the build numbers for the 2004's. One after another guys with 04's would get their build number. Us folks with 2005's tried repeatedly to learn our build numbers with absolutely no luck. this went on till about the time the 06's started hitting the market. By then the guys with 05's had started to loose not only interest, but hope. So as the 06 guys started asking, they got immediately shut down with, "2004's only".

2006 came and went

and

so did 207, 2008.

I continued to try and learn the numbers and started to put together small bits of information provided by members to where I had a probable list of trucks for each of the three years. Some of that research ended up as information supplied by others. OK with me, due to the fact I had greened that same information off other posts.

In 2009 i was watching with great interest what amtrucker22 was doing with the Yellow Fevers. Lots of hard work and what seemed like, daily updates. 2005 and 2006 Born on date threads were started by various members on a number of different forums. I contributed what I could but learned, that with all these different threads on various forums across the world, the lists were all......different.

So I started the Master List. Really no thought in mind how it would work, just a single location where data could be shown for those that might be courious.

As 2010 rolled in, I was getting more and more emails from people outside the US trying to learn more about the RAM SRT-10 that they had just purchased and shipped to some far off land. I was learning that there was more than just a casual interest in the history of the RAM SRT-10 and sometimes more specific, the individual truck. The current list just wasn't going to do. With the list being hidden deep within an unknown website just seemed wrong.

So I went to the next step....

Started researching various registry's..... Chevys, Fords, Mopars, bikes and learned that just about everyone of them was different and some required a letter from GOD to get in and others where just happy you bought a pinto and was still alive to share.

So I decided to go with 6 items for the registry

Picture of the Truck
Picture of the Door Sticker
Date of MFR
MDH
Paint Code
Name

Figured with those 6 items, most registrations would be authentic.
This is where I need to say that non of this has nothing to do with Dodge, Chrysler or any of there other names. mainly because these folks can't find there ass on a good day and as of late, they haven't seen a good day since Lee Iaccoca.

Why did I do it....

Well, I thought it would be fun. I still remember the fun people had with the build numbers, thought it would give the 2005 and 2006 crowd something to call there own. My hope was that people would embrace it and have fun with it.

Not going to happen..... I know.....

Will I continue...

Yes, maybe in 25 years or so when these trucks become more of a collectors item, people will start asking questions again. There will be one place at least that might have those answers, maybe even write a book. maybe in 20 years or so, I can show enough information that makes with I think, real or just a bad guess that was wrong. I see patterns already, none of which I will disclose.

Had lots of fun plans that I wanted to do with the registry, but the effort and time put into it, plus the cost may be a bit more than I had planned.

Do I care if ya'll want to ho up this thread, well, not now. It's yours to do with as you please. You can make it a place where people can share information about trucks and what they've found or we can type about "whatever"....

I was doing updates on a regular basis to let people know what I was learning and most went un-noticed (almost all the places where posted)

Am I frustrated, Yes

Am I mad, No

Do I hate anyone, No

Do I blame any one, No

Did I take this quest personal, Yes

I'm sure there are other questions and other answers, but not today...

Will anything change with what I am doing now, no, at this time, I will continue to do what I'm doing and if people want to register and get a VTR number, yep, all for it. If they want a registry plaque, not a problems.

What I won't do. I was working on this about 4-5 hours a day, researching and finding trucks, working on web pages, and average registration takes me about 20 minutes to do everything I'm doing. Now I may work on it a few hours a week, research will be put on hold for the most part, maybe start up again when it snows again......

People can still ask me questions [email protected]

Why I got upset.....

The registry threads are set up to email me when someone posts. That whay I can respond if someone has a registry question... wait, that's not why I'm mad

There is nothing here or on any other site that has made me mad, but as the Chief stated, there was no gimmes on the BS for this thread. the gimme was attempted and denied...

Like I said, post away, it's all yours, I'm done with trying to make it something the Viper Truck community can use to learn. Now if you want info, you'll just have to do some research of your own

got to go, the fishing pole is sliding off the dock

bye

V2

Jeff,

Ime one of those that have just bought and shipped an SRT thousands of miles.
There is not much info available over here in England for us to get.
I came on the forum for help and guidance from those in the know.
You more than anyone have helped and pointed me in the rite places.
If some ones having a dig at yer they are prob bloody jealous.
I think it's awsome some one devotes that much time for others.
From me, keep up the good work.
I didn't pm this as i wanted others to read it

Mick

ViperJeff said:
OK, so I come in to answer a few PM's I got and one directed me here....

My thoughts on the Registry....

I came to this site originally in 2006 and very much enjoyed learning about the RAM SRT-10. When I joined, I had, had my truck for about 9 months or so. The was lots of talk about mods, gtg's, regional clubs, you name it, all of which included the fun and enjoyment that comes along with ho-ing. Some of it respectful and some, not so much.

Along with all this there was the excitement of the build numbers for the 2004's. One after another guys with 04's would get their build number. Us folks with 2005's tried repeatedly to learn our build numbers with absolutely no luck. this went on till about the time the 06's started hitting the market. By then the guys with 05's had started to loose not only interest, but hope. So as the 06 guys started asking, they got immediately shut down with, "2004's only".

2006 came and went

and

so did 207, 2008.

I continued to try and learn the numbers and started to put together small bits of information provided by members to where I had a probable list of trucks for each of the three years. Some of that research ended up as information supplied by others. OK with me, due to the fact I had greened that same information off other posts.

In 2009 i was watching with great interest what amtrucker22 was doing with the Yellow Fevers. Lots of hard work and what seemed like, daily updates. 2005 and 2006 Born on date threads were started by various members on a number of different forums. I contributed what I could but learned, that with all these different threads on various forums across the world, the lists were all......different.

So I started the Master List. Really no thought in mind how it would work, just a single location where data could be shown for those that might be courious.

As 2010 rolled in, I was getting more and more emails from people outside the US trying to learn more about the RAM SRT-10 that they had just purchased and shipped to some far off land. I was learning that there was more than just a casual interest in the history of the RAM SRT-10 and sometimes more specific, the individual truck. The current list just wasn't going to do. With the list being hidden deep within an unknown website just seemed wrong.

So I went to the next step....

Started researching various registry's..... Chevys, Fords, Mopars, bikes and learned that just about everyone of them was different and some required a letter from GOD to get in and others where just happy you bought a pinto and was still alive to share.

So I decided to go with 6 items for the registry

Picture of the Truck
Picture of the Door Sticker
Date of MFR
MDH
Paint Code
Name

Figured with those 6 items, most registrations would be authentic.
This is where I need to say that non of this has nothing to do with Dodge, Chrysler or any of there other names. mainly because these folks can't find there ass on a good day and as of late, they haven't seen a good day since Lee Iaccoca.

Why did I do it....

Well, I thought it would be fun. I still remember the fun people had with the build numbers, thought it would give the 2005 and 2006 crowd something to call there own. My hope was that people would embrace it and have fun with it.

Not going to happen..... I know.....

Will I continue...

Yes, maybe in 25 years or so when these trucks become more of a collectors item, people will start asking questions again. There will be one place at least that might have those answers, maybe even write a book. maybe in 20 years or so, I can show enough information that makes with I think, real or just a bad guess that was wrong. I see patterns already, none of which I will disclose.

Had lots of fun plans that I wanted to do with the registry, but the effort and time put into it, plus the cost may be a bit more than I had planned.

Do I care if ya'll want to ho up this thread, well, not now. It's yours to do with as you please. You can make it a place where people can share information about trucks and what they've found or we can type about "whatever"....

I was doing updates on a regular basis to let people know what I was learning and most went un-noticed (almost all the places where posted)

Am I frustrated, Yes

Am I mad, No

Do I hate anyone, No

Do I blame any one, No

Did I take this quest personal, Yes

I'm sure there are other questions and other answers, but not today...

Will anything change with what I am doing now, no, at this time, I will continue to do what I'm doing and if people want to register and get a VTR number, yep, all for it. If they want a registry plaque, not a problems.

What I won't do. I was working on this about 4-5 hours a day, researching and finding trucks, working on web pages, and average registration takes me about 20 minutes to do everything I'm doing. Now I may work on it a few hours a week, research will be put on hold for the most part, maybe start up again when it snows again......

People can still ask me questions [email protected]

Why I got upset.....

The registry threads are set up to email me when someone posts. That whay I can respond if someone has a registry question... wait, that's not why I'm mad

There is nothing here or on any other site that has made me mad, but as the Chief stated, there was no gimmes on the BS for this thread. the gimme was attempted and denied...

Like I said, post away, it's all yours, I'm done with trying to make it something the Viper Truck community can use to learn. Now if you want info, you'll just have to do some research of your own

got to go, the fishing pole is sliding off the dock

bye

V2
agree 100%

I try to help out when I can as well Jeff. I didn't realize it was a burden. I really thought it was just a hobby for you to update as info came in. I had no idea what you were doing. You once again are commended for your efforts.

Thank you...

Treat it as a hobby and take it easy my friend. No one has done more research on these trucks than you in this manner. I bet chrysler would be able to give you all the info you needed to complete the registry. Maybe someday that will happen and we will know real numbers for 05-06. Until then, keep up the good work - when you want too... :D

Jeff, I'm sorry it has come to this and I can't say that I would not feel the same way... Hopefully at some time in the future you will want to pick the tourch up again, until then take a break you have earned it.... :)

I hope you know if you need anything you can always call.... :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back