VPRPWRD's weight reduction thread

After the bumpers I haven't really found anything else cheap/easy without affecting the day to day comfort of the truck. I was going to ditch the ABS pump but after I pulled it off I'm having second thoughts, its only 5-10 lbs and the fittings/brake lines were $75 to complete the brake system. Not sure how I would keep it from turning the ABS light on either. I'm thinking ill look at how much weight I can cut out of the doors and retain the power windows and stock appearance. I'm ditching the battery boxes but they don't weigh much.

After the bumpers I haven't really found anything else cheap/easy without affecting the day to day comfort of the truck. I was going to ditch the ABS pump but after I pulled it off I'm having second thoughts, its only 5-10 lbs and the fittings/brake lines were $75 to complete the brake system. Not sure how I would keep it from turning the ABS light on either. I'm thinking ill look at how much weight I can cut out of the doors and retain the power windows and stock appearance. I'm ditching the battery boxes but they don't weigh much.

I was hoping to get another 300 - 400 lbs out of it without cutting anything but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back