VPRPWRD's weight reduction thread

The fastest ram srt 10 runs a tail gate lol

And a hitch!

Interesting to see that the spare tire carrier is only 4 pounds. I would also think that losing the wing would actually decrease trap speed because of the increased drag.

Last edited:
The fastest ram srt 10 runs a tail gate lol

First of all, welcome back Dom! Second, is there a reason that you still run a tailgate? or is it because you make that much power, 58 lbs isn't going to make a difference? :D

First of all, welcome back Dom! Second, is there a reason that you still run a tailgate? or is it because you make that much power, 58 lbs isn't going to make a difference? :D

Thanks..good to be back...

Weight transfer your taking weight off from the rear which is not the best place to take it from...60 pounds can really change your percentages front to back.....

no say if you moved your battery to the back and then ditched the tailgate it would actually benefit your ratios

here is what im running for a battery now...just so you n
know how serious i am about weight

PROLITE Batteries - High Performance Lithium Ion Batteries

A battery relocation kit is in the future. I have a pretty good idea how serious you are about weight every time I look at the build thread. :D I appreciate your input and if you have any other ideas for me (without cutting) I would like to hear them.

A battery relocation kit is in the future. I have a pretty good idea how serious you are about weight every time I look at the build thread. :D I appreciate your input and if you have any other ideas for me (without cutting) I would like to hear them.

You know the bed can be unbolted, right? :D

Have you thought about removing the front wheel liners (yes, seriously)?

You know the bed can be unbolted, right? :D

Have you thought about removing the front wheel liners (yes, seriously)?

I have, but I'm unsure has to how much the sides of the front fascia will move. It's worth a shot, added to my list.

I know I've been away from this thread for a while, but it will be back with a vengeance this summer. :D After taking a load of scrap this weekend the truck weighed 4990# with me in it and all items previously listed in this thread removed. It sounded light to me but I figured I'd post it up anyway.

*edit: I also added the V1R underdrive pulley in between which saves ~1lb. The two pullies would not register a weight on my scale.

Last edited:
I know I've been away from this thread for a while, but it will be back with a vengeance this summer. :D After taking a load of scrap this weekend the truck weighed 4990# with me in it and all items previously listed in this thread removed. It sounded light to me but I figured I'd post it up anyway.

*edit: I also added the V1R underdrive pulley in between which saves ~1lb. The two pullies would not register a weight on my scale.

Do any of the guys with serious weight reduction done have any input on this weight? I feel it was light and really didn't expect to be under 5000#

From my expirience, these scrap yard vehicle scales can at times measure in 20 pound increments.

Yes they do, so I guess we could say it's some where between 4990 and 5010. I still think that seems light for what I have removed.

Sounds a little light, mine started at 4980 on a CAT scale without me in it and roughly a 1/4 tank of fuel, how much do you weigh? And Whats the total amount of weight you've removed

Do any of the guys with serious weight reduction done have any input on this weight? I feel it was light and really didn't expect to be under 5000#
I weighed my truck with a half tank of fuel last year:

Rear: 2380
Front: 2940
Total: 5320

On that day, I was 237 pounds of that. I do not have a jack and tools in the truck, nor my spoiler on it. But, I carry an easy 20 pounds worth of miscellaneous stuff in it on any given day. So, my truck with half a tank of fuel weighs 5080ish.

Sounds a little light, mine started at 4980 on a CAT scale without me in it and roughly a 1/4 tank of fuel, how much do you weigh? And Whats the total amount of weight you've removed

I weigh 185 and the total weight reduction to this point is 305.5

I weigh 185 and the total weight reduction to this point is 305.5

Then I'd say your 4990 is about where you should be, I belive my 4980 was without a spare tire. So looking at about 5070-5080 without me. Add the 305 you've taken off and then take out your 185 you end up at 5110 so only looking at about 30lbs difference from where mine started which is about 4gallons worth of gas weight wise

Then I'd say your 4990 is about where you should be, I belive my 4980 was without a spare tire. So looking at about 5070-5080 without me. Add the 305 you've taken off and then take out your 185 you end up at 5110 so only looking at about 30lbs difference from where mine started which is about 4gallons worth of gas weight wise

That sounds about right to me. Thanks for the input Justin. :D

Anytime, I have lots of input. Some of it just isn't any good

So what should I remove after I do the bumpers? I was thinking of removing the wiper assembly, as in arms, motor, etc. I never drive the truck in the rain. I was going to remove the sub amp also which I know isn't much but it's on the list.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back