Wanted 4.10 Gears

ZCx said:
so

a harder launch with high gears

&

a softer launch with lower gears

:dontknow: :rock: :burnout:
in short, and in which most will disput

with higher ratio such as 4.56 up you are using the hp to move the vehicle, thus also less spin, but more hp is spinning the tires then trq

with lower you are using trq more to move the vehicle, trq creates more spin per revolution,

trq is harder on take offs then hp, more trq more spin, more hp less spin

common misconception is going to lower gears to creat less spin

now that being said, the 4.10 may be the perfect combination on the QC, it has yet to be seen.every application reacts diffferently to each mod

good read:rock: :rock: :rock:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
Maybe this will help some

http://performancetrends.com/blog/?p=7

you want to keep peak hp thru the range at all times for the quickest accelaration

Good read Tony...if I am understanding the article correctly it would tell me that the higher ratio gear would generally be the best for the drag strip (i.e. 4.56 better than 4.10).

Ok, I'm still waiting on someone to step forward and sell me there 4.10 gears. Everybody was wanting to sell them but nobody ever got back to me with a price plus shipping. C'mon guys help a member out. Thanks.

Rickspeed said:
Ok, I'm still waiting on someone to step forward and sell me there 4.10 gears. Everybody was wanting to sell them but nobody ever got back to me with a price plus shipping. C'mon guys help a member out. Thanks.
hell rick, you pay shipping and I will SEND YOU a set.

hell rick, you pay shipping and I will SEND YOU a set.

Sounds good to me, get me a quote on shipping. Shipping zip code is 07036. Thanks a bunch:rock:

Rickspeed said:
Sounds good to me, get me a quote on shipping. Shipping zip code is 07036. Thanks a bunch:rock:
let me yankem out tomorrow and see and will let ya know on em, might even be able to do flat rate usps or summin

let me yankem out tomorrow and see and will let ya know on em, might even be able to do flat rate usps or summin

Thanks so much really trying to get this done before she goes away for the winter. Awesome service!!!!!

dont know bout that, he asked about bearings and I told him it may be easier and jsut as chep to hit up the local napa:D
well heck! prob be about the same $ and no shippin:p

Rick, its my experience, if you can find someone that has installed gears in a 10, it may go much better. These are a little different than other vehicles. Call or shoot me a text when you get them.

yea i had a local shop install my 4.56 kit and 5000 miles later i fixed it myself!!! i had to take .046 shim out of the yoke side to get rid of the pinion play the shop left!! he was so worried about bearing howl he put in too much play. probably would have gotten away with it except i got on it one day and noticed a major vibration at 90 mph that got worse with more speed! 3 hours later i had it back together and would do it myself again in a heartbeat!!! not to difficult as long as you keep track of the shims that are there . and follow instructions.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back