Wanted 4.10 Gears

I think the QC would benefit with the 4.10s would drop the highway rpm by 500 at 70 and would stay in first alittle longer. The autos have only 4 gears and the RCs have 6 . the RC is a slug in 6th with 4.10 much better with the 4.56.

Hucksrt10 said:
I think the QC would benefit with the 4.10s would drop the highway rpm by 500 at 70 and would stay in first alittle longer. The autos have only 4 gears and the RCs have 6 . the RC is a slug in 6th with 4.10 much better with the 4.56.

Yep my thoughts as well.

Rick, make sure to do a thread on the 4.10s once installed.....I know a few would be interested...try to make some track runs before & after.....and you should resolve the issues you are having with the Roe before changing the rear..

TNVIPER said:
Rick, make sure to do a thread on the 4.10s once installed.....I know a few would be interested...try to make some track runs before & after.....and you should resolve the issues you are having with the Roe before changing the rear..

The Roe was fine, besides maybe running a bit rich. 10.0-10.5 on the wideband. Problem was I was spinning all of first and part of 2nd. My 60' times were between 2.100-2.500, and that was with 22psi in the rear tires.

Rickspeed said:
The Roe was fine, besides maybe running a bit rich. 10.0-10.5 on the wideband. Problem was I was spinning all of first and part of 2nd. My 60' times were between 2.100-2.500, and that was with 22psi in the rear tires.

I thought from your PM the other day you were having issues other than the normal Roe induced tire smoking..LOL......you need some drag radials to get that 60' down....

The 4.56's where more than likely a replacement for the 4.10's because of the tow option.:aetsch:

DevilDawg3097 said:
The 4.56's where more than likely a replacement for the 4.10's because of the tow option.:aetsch:

The QC never had 4.10s....and the RC does not have the tow option....so there!..LOL..:aetsch: :itsme: :p

Rickspeed said:
I am serious, please get me a quote asap. Use 07036 zip code for quote. Thanks.
Do you want me to get a shipping quote? Or are you going to swap with the guy that has the 4.56s? And mine have about 3000 miles on them.

Bill.

Please get me a quote, I'm ready to move on this I can't wait. First person to give me a total price shipped for gears, ring, pinion, and carrier gets my money. Thanks.

Begood said:
Do you want me to get a shipping quote? Or are you going to swap with the guy that has the 4.56s? And mine have about 3000 miles on them.

Bill.

Rickspeed said:
Please get me a quote, I'm ready to move on this I can't wait. First person to give me a total price shipped for gears, ring, pinion, and carrier gets my money. Thanks.

UH...... $100 Shipped:dontknow:

going to a 4.10 is something I have begged folks to do , it should increase the mileage, but will have some minimal effect on times

but the truth of the matter is more gear less spin such as 5.38

less gear more spin such as 3.73

you may gain some top end, it may help a bit on take off as you dont or wont spin right off , but the power is now stretched out a bit , so feathering the throttle is gonna take practice,

basically all you are doing is moving the power band, jsut on the asphalt instead of the rpm range.

so instead of things whacking right off, it will move out the ashpalt a few yards.

it will be interesting to see your results:rock:

indeed this will be interesting....but if you're not making big #'s I don't see it being worth it....

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
going to a 4.10 is something I have begged folks to do , it should increase the mileage, but will have some minimal effect on times

:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: but the truth of the matter is more gear less spin such as 5.38

less gear more spin such as 3.73:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

you may gain some top end, it may help a bit on take off as you dont or wont spin right off , but the power is now stretched out a bit , so feathering the throttle is gonna take practice,

basically all you are doing is moving the power band, jsut on the asphalt instead of the rpm range.

so instead of things whacking right off, it will move out the ashpalt a few yards.

it will be interesting to see your results:rock:

ain't that bass ackwards?????:itsme: :dontknow:

not really;)

splain lucy:dontknow:

gears multiply torque. the bigger the number, the more torque, easier to spin the tires, correct????:dontknow: :dontknow:

and what be your thoughts of a 3.90 in a RC truck???

ZCx said:
splain lucy:dontknow:

gears multiply torque. the bigger the number, the more torque, easier to spin the tires, correct????:dontknow: :dontknow:
yes and no,
the higher gear ie 4.88 will spin more if you are dropping hte clutch yes, but will hook up easier via it putting more hp to the ground per rpm

yes and no,
the higher gear ie 4.88 will spin more if you are dropping hte clutch yes, but will hook up easier via it putting more hp to the ground per rpm

so

a harder launch with high gears

&

a softer launch with low gears

:dontknow: :rock: :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back