Was on the dyno today and .......

yellowfever#154

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made 590hp on the second run and KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK. I just joined the blown motor club.

AWESOME! Really looking forward to not having a truck and having to spend a shit load of money to fix this Dodge crap.

Yup, went a little lean at about 5500RPM and that was it. Shut it down right away so hopefully the damage is minimal.

yellowfever#154 said:
Yup, went a little lean at about 5500RPM and that was it. Shut it down right away so hopefully the damage is minimal.
Sorry to hear it Man.:(

You need to make contact with Sean Roe...not to attack him but for guidence on what went wrong and where you go from here..sorry to hear this misfortune..

Welcome to our world! I mean that respectfully. Alot of us here have been through this route. You cannot make 650-700 flywheel on a cast piston and live. Forge your rotating assembly and then you will enjoy the Roe!

mr. anderson said:
stock internals?

Yup, I knew it was coming but of course you think tomorrow not today. Was planning on forging it this winter and having some fun this summer, but now a little change of plans.

yellowfever#154 said:
Yup, I knew it was coming but of course you think tomorrow not today. Was planning on forging it this winter and having some fun this summer, but now a little change of plans.
What was mileage?

Last edited:
msdnga said:
Welcome to our world! I mean that respectfully. Alot of us here have been through this route. You cannot make 650-700 flywheel on a cast piston and live. Forge your rotating assembly and then you will enjoy the Roe!
aww i got 10k outta mine before they fell apart,on another note,sorry bout ur engine ,whoever ur tuner is should have known better than to try a second run with vec issues:(

well with 12 k on mine including 5k with FI I think I have some float time before something pops:confused:

Wow, mine blew around 5500 rpm too on the stock internals. Welcome to the club :) Well, you have an excuse now to bulletproof the motor, it sucks, I know.

So, how many blown motors does our forum have now?

flchub said:
aww i got 10k outta mine before they fell apart,on another note,sorry bout ur engine ,whoever ur tuner is should have known better than to try a second run with vec issues:(

To back all this up a little bit there wasnt any problems with the VEC or the tunes. The tunes were sent to me from ROE for my application and were not altered, yet. We were just trying to alter them and werent able to. The truck ran a little leaner than we would have liked with the base tune, we then put in a different tune and different gas and then it came apart. I guess what I am trying to say is that I dont think it was the tuner or the VEC's fault. I think my earlier post of the VEC problem has stirred the pot a little here and maybe I should have worded it a little different. It would have been more like, how do I alter a tune and write it into the memory of the VEC. Rather than Im having a problem with the VEC.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back