Was on the dyno today and .......

I think more of the Roe vehicles are coming apart. I believe it has to do with how hard they come on vs a more gradual increase in boost. I have about 6000 miles on it after the Roe. I hope it stays together thru the summer. I will going forged this winter.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Wow, mine blew around 5500 rpm too on the stock internals. Welcome to the club :) Well, you have an excuse now to bulletproof the motor, it sucks, I know.

So, how many blown motors does our forum have now?
We need a sticky on who has blown a motor and what they were doing when it happened.

This is becoming much too common. Adding a SC should not lead to these results. Far too much R&D has gone into it to not see that stock internals would not be an issue. Roe and Paxton are the real deal. This is becoming very disturbing. Lots of money for a ticking time bomb IMO. I almost bought a Roe a few months ago. I dont feel like going forged until the warranty is over so I will wait.

Where do I go and about how much to get forged?

Sorry to hear that, that is no good. This is the first I've seen and heard of these motors blowing up, though I am newish to the site. Is it SC and turbo cars only who have to worry or do bolt on guys need to take note and upgrade/bulletproof as well? :( I have long tube headers, catless mids, catback exhaust, all Billy Boat and 3". Justins CAI + oil catch can, Roe TB, and Sean Roe tuned SCT Xcal-2. I SHOULD be fine and have no worries, correct? I'd guess around 560-570hp at the flywheel.

Carlwalski said:
Sorry to hear that, that is no good. This is the first I've seen and heard of these motors blowing up, though I am newish to the site. Is it SC and turbo cars only who have to worry or do bolt on guys need to take note and upgrade/bulletproof as well? :( I have long tube headers, catless mids, catback exhaust, all Billy Boat and 3". Justins CAI + oil catch can, Roe TB, and Sean Roe tuned SCT Xcal-2. I SHOULD be fine and have no worries, correct? I'd guess around 560-570hp at the flywheel.

i think we had a member blow his motor with verry simular mods to yours about a month ago.. i think it was halinasp ...

WTF!?! Really, shit, that sucks arse. :( :( :( So no one is safe? Was he thrashing it though?
You can never tell what went on behind the scene. So, I guess they only way to be safe is forged eh. :(

so if mine blows up, i wonder if the dealer will let me just pay the difference for forged instead going back stock?

jtsdad13 said:
so if mine blows up, i wonder if the dealer will let me just pay the difference for forged instead going back stock?

I don't think so. I always thought that the dealers just crated a motor in and did the swap.

That sucks...sorry to hear that. Get with Prof and get 'er back together stronger than ever (minus a few $$$ in your pocket) and no worries!

Anyone know of any NA motors that have KB'd? I'm sticking NA for now and would like to go with the bolt-on and tuning route...

I think I will wait till my warranty is up in 1 year before I forge it. Its only got 12 k . I might as well drive it like I stole it. If it blows Ill get one under warranty and forge that one.

Carlwalski said:
Its too general a question IMO as to " will I be ok with my engine"
Its a complicated equation with lots of variables. How many miles, Mods, tunes, driving habits, prexisting flaws, etc etc.. Its a machine . More miles and stress just eventually take thier toll. Keep referring back to the " paper clip analogy.:confused:

Prof said:
I had about 32k on mine but about 14k on the Roe.
Thats another point to consider regarding mileage with FI. Just because you have 14 k with FI doesnt mean your engine was neccessarily place under more stress than someones engine with lets say 3000 miles worth of FI. The reason is obvious and refers back to driving habits. I put about 3000 worth of "Roe miles" just traveling to and from the Mopar nats in cruise control atr 1500 rpm. The only thing that took any stress IMO was th serpentine belt!..:D

nycstev said:
I think I will wait till my warranty is up in 1 year before I forge it. Its only got 12 k . I might as well drive it like I stole it. If it blows Ill get one under warranty and forge that one.
Think Tator will really warranty that? I know what they say. Got it in writing?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back