wasn't pretty.......1/4 mile times

you might want to investigate why you're not running 14.2@98 (ish). you might have a cylinder or 2 not firing.

best of luck!
~mike~

Prof said:
There are lots of us that have pursued low numbers but only a few with the dedication to achieve the goals we set...the thrill of the pursuit is invigorating, expensive and often frustrating.

Getting into the 11's is a very difficult task, 10's are impossible for all but one or two of us. Set your goals realistically...relatively stock trucks low 13's to high 12's.

Boosted trucks mid 12's to high 11's. Sprayed trucks mid 12's to mid 11's.

Boosted and sprayed trucks...low 12's to low 11's.

Anything lower is like a religious pilgrimage, be prepared for the most difficult challenge of your life...

Then there is FstJack's voyage...this is pure madness...but will probably result in a run in the 8 second range...by my estimate, by the time this is achieved it will entail three years of work, and will cost about $50,000 a second to move from a 12 second ET to an 8 second ET.

Choose your goal...have a ball in the pursuit, but you won't be alone if you fall a little short...there are lots of us who have tried and not quite reached nirvana.

Right you are Prof.

The new stuff and esp. our trucks are a bear to get right.
The general engine requirements haven't changed over the years but the way to tweak them has and the factory stuff is getting so good for overall use, it is hard to improve without really changing the entire package.

And, making assumptions with these things can cost time and grief.
I ran out and got a K&N c.a.i. and my truck went backwards in power. I spent money and installed a B&B setup with 2 Hi-Flow cats, (full 3" pipes) only to find the truck lost power again.

These items may work well at lower altitudes or maybe with cams/heads or in s/c apps but they didn't work for me here so I can't endorse them to anyone that asks. Esp. with the Hi-Flows; I have been struggling with lower m.p.h. all season. It sure sounded like it made a difference but I think it is over scavenging during overlap and torque has dropped off. I reinstalled the factory 2.5" with all 4 cats intact and should be able to try it out Friday at the track and see if the lost power has returned. So far, it looks like it has...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back