wasn't pretty.......1/4 mile times

Big B's SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a couple of times from my stock 05 quad cab, and i thought they would have been a little better.....
first race.........
r/t......388
60'......2.288
1/8.....9.834
mph.....79.53
1/4.....15.212
mph.....91.90
wow i was expecting more....
second pass........
r/t......269
60'.....2.269
1/8.....9.777
mph.....73.66
1/4.....15.148
mph.....92.14
pretty much the same....it was extremely hot and humid, i'd say at least 90-92 degree's....like i said truck is all stock, wanted some baseline times....any thoughts good or bad lets hear em....i am not a mechanic nor a drag racer this is all for fun.....and even with the slow times i had a blast.....

Well, I definitely see some room for improvement in your 60's - get them ion the 2.0/1.9 range and you'll pick up 4-5 10ths on the big end.

Though, your MPH just looks low to me - 92mph?:dontknow:

Heat and Humidity will kick your ass everytime at the strip (unless you're using Nitrous:D), and that could explain the some of the low mph trap speeds.

So now I guess you've got two options.

1) Leave it stock and try again when the weather cools off.

OR

2) F' it and start modding!!!! :rock: :burnout:

IMHO, as usual, numero 2-oh!:D ;) :D

The 90+ temps are probably the biggest reason you couldnt break out of the 15s......elevation is another major factor..what is the elevation at your track?

The large diffs in times around the forum can be attributed to elevation in most cases...the diff between sea level and 4000 ft can be a second or more..

At sea level my best time at 90+ degrees with my stock 05 QC (K&N CAI installed) I was able to get a 13.568 @ 104mph.

At 1121 ft elevation my best time at 90+ degrees, I was able to get a 13.878 @ 99mph.

Hope this is some kind of barometer for you.

Brad

moddin is gonna start this week.....i have the 170 tstat and stage II pcm to put in this week....and i would like to take the cats out and add a magnaflow exhaust, in the next couple of weeks....the elevation at the track is 500 ft. above sea lvl....

there was another quad cab srt out there and he ran 15.2 also...my truck felt like it had nothing left once i hit about 88-90 mph sorta like it was at its limit....

Big B's SRT10 said:
moddin is gonna start this week.....i have the 170 tstat and stage II pcm to put in this week....and i would like to take the cats out and add a magnaflow exhaust, in the next couple of weeks....the elevation at the track is 500 ft. above sea lvl....

there was another quad cab srt out there and he ran 15.2 also...my truck felt like it had nothing left once i hit about 88-90 mph sorta like it was at its limit....

I highly recommend MoparConnection for your mods. Robert (MoparConnection) is one of our supporting vendors here.

BTW did you have the "Tow/Haul turned on?

Brad

SrtBrad said:
I highly recommend MoparConnection for your mods. Robert (MoparConnection) is one of our supporting vendors here.

BTW did you have the "Tow/Haul turned on?

Brad
yeah i purchased the stage II and tstat from the MoparConnection....Robert is a stand up guy and was quick to respond to all my questions....thanks Robert..........

Did you heat the tires and did you stage at the launch? Were you able to get traction from the launch? Also some tracks are "stickier" or better prepped than others. For example my best time stock at LACR was 14.7 because I just couldn't get the truck to stick at all.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

SrtBrad said:
Did you heat the tires and did you stage at the launch? Were you able to get traction from the launch? Also some tracks are "stickier" or better prepped than others. For example my best time stock at LACR was 14.7 because I just couldn't get the truck to stick at all.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
i was able to burnout what i thought would be good enough but i did feel like there was tire spin...not alot but some....2nd gear pulled really good but third felt like it fell flat on its face....

Big B's SRT10 said:
i was able to burnout what i thought would be good enough but i did feel like there was tire spin...not alot but some....2nd gear pulled really good but third felt like it fell flat on its face....

Make sure you have GOOD fuel in there. The factory knock sensors are touchy. If it starts to ping because of poor fuel, it will ride the knock sensor all the way down the track. You will feel it in the higher gears. And see it in the m.p.h.

There are lots of us that have pursued low numbers but only a few with the dedication to achieve the goals we set...the thrill of the pursuit is invigorating, expensive and often frustrating.

Getting into the 11's is a very difficult task, 10's are impossible for all but one or two of us. Set your goals realistically...relatively stock trucks low 13's to high 12's.

Boosted trucks mid 12's to high 11's. Sprayed trucks mid 12's to mid 11's.

Boosted and sprayed trucks...low 12's to low 11's.

Anything lower is like a religious pilgrimage, be prepared for the most difficult challenge of your life...

Then there is FstJack's voyage...this is pure madness...but will probably result in a run in the 8 second range...by my estimate, by the time this is achieved it will entail three years of work, and will cost about $50,000 a second to move from a 12 second ET to an 8 second ET.

Choose your goal...have a ball in the pursuit, but you won't be alone if you fall a little short...there are lots of us who have tried and not quite reached nirvana.

Last edited:
Big B's SRT10 said:
What track did you go to?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back