Weight Transfer

I really hate to do this....if you remove the front sway bar, loosen your front suspension up with urethane bushings and 90/10 shocks, when you launch the upward movement of the front end will transfer more weight to the rear than adding weight, and you don't have to carry the added weight all the way down the track. If you go farther and soften the rear springs and add Cal-tracs it just gets better. You may not need slicks just tire with a traction rating as close to 200 as possible, (what I did as a street racer in my youth..)

Last edited:
You can go the route I went. I had a drag truck with 2" 4 link and airbags in the back. You can go with stock suspension and a supplemental airbag set up. Just air the bags up at the track with slightly more pressure on the passenger side. This will not let the truck squat so much wich will give you a much better weight transfer but not so much weight. When your truck squats it is taking up too much of your power. It takes a lot of work to twist those leafs, then when they un twist you lose your tire plant because of the upward motion of your trucks rear. The air bags make it a driver and a racer, also it will help if you tow as well.
I'm in the process of this very same thing with my srt. My drag truck is being tore apart and sold because I twisted the frame and is no longer fun to drive to the track and I don't like trailered cars.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back